Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

Race boat I saw on the highway today!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Top Banana will become famous soon enoughTop Banana will become famous soon enoughTop Banana will become famous soon enoughTop Banana will become famous soon enoughTop Banana will become famous soon enoughTop Banana will become famous soon enoughTop Banana will become famous soon enoughTop Banana will become famous soon enough
If you live in Florida, you should check out the SBI site out of Key West. That is Super Boat International. Most of their races are within Florida with the exception of a Hudson River race in NYC.

The Florida Powerboat Club is more for Poker Runs than racing.....great events, just not racing.

Also ck out the Serious Offshore and Offshore Only sites, as they have full coverage of offshore racing with their own sections on the sites.

Also HORBA, Historic Offshore Race Boat Association, will have a open ocean race from Miami to Key West, 185 miles, on the Saturday following next year's Miami Boat Show. Februay 20, 2010.

This will be open to everything from race boats to big sportsfisherman. Just like how the sport originally started, all kinds of boats just trying to make the finish line. In this year's Bimini race the fastest boat covered the 106 miles from Miami to Bimini and back in 43 minutes and 43 seconds.....avg speed 140 plus.

Last edited by Top Banana; 07-09-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:24 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MikeRide is on a distinguished roadMikeRide is on a distinguished roadMikeRide is on a distinguished roadMikeRide is on a distinguished roadMikeRide is on a distinguished roadMikeRide is on a distinguished road
I saw this boat run down in SRQ on 5th at the Sarasota Offshore Gran Prix

Old 07-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Chris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond repute
Someone posted up this video on another forum:

Turbine Marine MTI Race Boat World Champion Miss Geico Racing - Video

Man, all of these videos and pictures are giving me the itch to go to one of these events.

Looks insane!!

Old 07-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond repute
Sarasota is the best offshore venue in the country. There were 75,000 fans on Lido Beach for this year's race.

That boat is Billy Mauff's 40' Skater. It's powered by two 850hp Merc's.

Below are two of the better shots I got of it in Sarasota, and one from Orange Beach last year.

My entire set (74 frames) from the Sarasota race is here.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Chris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome stuff, Jay!! Always love your work.

Anything interesting going on this weekend?

I'm in Naples again! I'd love to meet up with you and grab a drink or something if you're in town and not too busy working! (Or playing on the water working. )

Old 07-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Chris... I'm here for a bit. The last few months have been crazy.

Most of the events are moving northward for the next couple months. The next major weekend in Florida is the SBI National Championship in Clearwater Oct 2-4. The race is on Sunday, Oct 4. There will be a lot of boats there, and CBS will be filming it as part of the series they plan to air this fall.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Gunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of light
I really miss the Offshore Powerboat races in Sarasota. Every 4th they have them so mark your calander!

Old 08-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Gunther
I really miss the Offshore Powerboat races in Sarasota. Every 4th they have them so mark your calander!
One of the very best venues in the country. The city and the fans really get behind it and support it.

Some photos:

Old 08-30-2009, 09:31 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Funny that I saw this thread: my wife and I saw a race boat being trailered on it's side last night! It was green... This was in the DC area headed south on 95.

Old 09-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
newbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond reputenewbenz2 has a reputation beyond repute
Like Jayboat said October 4th Clearwater. Ill be there with Miss Geico racing.. Let me know if you will be there maybe we can get some people from the forum to meet up?
Kevin

Quick Reply: Race boat I saw on the highway today!