Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

I want to Publish a boat book: need some help, opinions etc....

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Banned
CigCrazy will become famous soon enoughCigCrazy will become famous soon enoughCigCrazy will become famous soon enoughCigCrazy will become famous soon enoughCigCrazy will become famous soon enoughCigCrazy will become famous soon enoughCigCrazy will become famous soon enoughCigCrazy will become famous soon enough
I want to Publish a boat book: need some help, opinions etc....

I am thinking about publishing a big book about Cigarette Racing. It would have pages and pages of the best pictures of Cigarette's- plus- LOTS if good info and facts. I'd write about the beginning of Cigarette racing, all the way up to today. I'd set it up like this:

It will have 80-120 pages.

Chapters:

1. The Beginning- (don aronow and how he got into boats)
2. Racing (Don aronows racing career and the boats he raced)
3. From Racing to Business (the boat companies he created) WHAT ARE ALL THE COMAPANIES (I forgot)
4. Cigarette Racing: The Company that became the greatest
5. The boats he built (from when the company was first created up untill his murder)
6. Cigarette Racing: Today- (boats built from after his muder up untill now)
7.What makes a Cigarette so unique? (self explanatory: why are they unique?)
8. Who owns a Cigarette: From Singers to sports stars. (pictures of them and their boats)
9. Still running strong: Cigarette's factory, skip braver and crew, boats built today)
10. Ads? (what should i name it?)- (some of the Cigarette Racing ads that you see in the powerboat magazines.

Here is the cover design I made:

Name:  untitled.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  129.3 KB

Old 09-27-2008, 09:47 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Mention the affiliation with the mafia/drug dealers how they wanted faster and faster boats?

Old 09-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
As far as Don Aronow There is a book made by his son a while ago covering this , Its very rare, I think its Called
"The King of Thunberboat Alley" or something to this nature.

edit: found it
Don Aronow: The King of Thunderboat Row by Michael Aronow

Publisher: Write Stuff Enterprises Inc

ISBN-10: 0945903227

ISBN-13: 9780945903222

Format: Hardcover

Publication Year: 1994

Last edited by alkyoneus; 09-27-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Banned
CigCrazy will become famous soon enoughCigCrazy will become famous soon enoughCigCrazy will become famous soon enoughCigCrazy will become famous soon enoughCigCrazy will become famous soon enoughCigCrazy will become famous soon enoughCigCrazy will become famous soon enoughCigCrazy will become famous soon enough
I'll contact Write Stuff Enterprises then.... and here's what I need from you guys:

GOOD QUALITY Cigarette pix: racing, don aronow's time, today

Old Cigarette ad's, etc

ANY INFO that you know of.....

Old 09-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Mention the affiliation with the mafia/drug dealers how they wanted faster and faster boats?
In which section should I add that?

Old 09-27-2008, 11:06 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
you can try flickr, Ill post pictures as well. My relative is a local dealer here.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Looking forward to the book. When I come across some good pictures I will send them your way. Have you contacted Cigarette?

Old 09-28-2008, 06:25 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by CigCrazy
In which section should I add that?
Section 5

Old 09-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Banned
Do you know how hard it is to get ahold of people on the phone or email at Cigarette? VERY HARD. I called them today, and emailed them yesterday.... nobody picks up the phone there! I'm gonna attempt it again.

I had another idea.... Aronow's son. Michael is still around, so I could get some info from him?