Notices
Northwest (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in OR and WA

Super Cars for Super Kids

Old 02-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Scootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of light
Super Cars for Super Kids

To whom it may concern

Hello, my name is Drew and I’ve been a Teamspeed member here for a couple of months. While I don’t do too much posting I do a lot of research and reading throughout the site. I’m currently a student at the University of Washington and I’ve become well aware of the large number of supercars in this area.

Due to this, I want to extend and idea to all of the fellow Northwest Teamspeeders. As we were once all kids, I’m sure that we all dreamed of the day that we could get our first ride in the exotic sports car in the poster hanging on our wall, then when we were old enough, maybe we would get to drive one as well, and maybe, just maybe, if we worked hard enough, we would get to own one someday. I know that many of you have reached that point and that I would like to think of myself as working towards it, but I want to make this about the kids. The idea that I’m proposing is a meet / cruise where we can give the kids a ride they will never forget, whether it be in that red Ferrari, V12 Lamborghini or iconic CGT. Imagine the perma-smile on a kids face when the acceleration pushes them into the back of the passenger seat, and when they go to school that next Monday, the stories they’ll tell to all of their classmates.

I want you all to know that this is not for a school project, money, or any personal gain for that matter, but to make some kids’ dreams come true and give them a little taste of what we all love. Participation by you guys would be 100% volunteer and I would hope that you will want to give back just as much as I do with this.

I have a friend that works with a lot of kids for her job and could easily get participation from them. Who knows, maybe the dad’s would love to come out too and admire. But I would really love to know if any of you guys would be willing to participate in something like this or if you have any friends that would like to do so also. Based on the responses I get I want to set this up for spring time and/or maybe (again) in the summer (when it’s not nasty out). For now though, just let me know if this is an idea worth your time.

Best regards,

Drew