Notices
Northern California (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in Northern California

Cops bust up Exotic car meet, tickets!

Old 04-02-2008, 03:58 PM
CLS
Teamspeed Senior Member
CLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Cops bust up Exotic car meet, tickets!

Anyone heard about this article? Seems in LA they are going after car modifiers at routine group gatherings, I hope this stays in LA and doesnt come to Santana Row.

California: Police Raid Car Enthusiast Gathering, Generate Revenue

Old 04-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
nerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the rough
At first I thought "oh it's just ricers, who cares." But then I saw this gem:

"If you're not into street racing, why would you need that?" Riverside Police Traffic Sergeant Skip Showalter asked an enthusiast during a similar crackdown last year. "Why would you want more power going to your car?"

My eyes rolled so hard I think I might need to see an opthamologist. They spent $500,000 on issuing tint and front plate tickets. Are they REALLY going to see that revenue back? I highly doubt it.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Teamspeed Member
duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I don't think you will see that type of Police action at Santa Row. The cops know they can get away with that crap dealing with kids and their import cars.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
nerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, these weren't exotics. Sounds like the exact opposite to me. But still, the state is bankrupt and they're just pissing money away. Why not spend $500,000 on fighting actual real crime? Maybe patrol the border more? I fail to see how harassing ricers in a parkinglot helps anyone, much as they annoy me.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:40 PM
CLS
Teamspeed Senior Member
CLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond repute
So everyone thinks this is the cops going after the ricers because I didn't get that sense from the story....I hope I am wrong and you are right!

Old 04-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by CLS
So everyone thinks this is the cops going after the ricers because I didn't get that sense from the story....I hope I am wrong and you are right!

Yes, ricers. You know this because the story says:

Owners of imported sport compact cars had gathered at the Canyon Crossing shopping center on Friday night to swap stories, talk about their passion for cars and show off the latest enhancements to their rides.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Coochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond repute
Wow - I can't believe the cops there would stage a bust like that. The term "douche bags" comes to mind.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ipohopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Most of the cops that show up at SR usually pull out their camera phones and start taking pictures...

Old 04-03-2008, 03:22 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TunaRollz is an unknown quantity at this point
yup...thank god they're still just focusing on ricers...
imagine the extra attention they're going to get when the new Fast and Furious movie comes out...

Old 04-03-2008, 03:25 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know, reading that article gave me the feeling that those were not just 18-year old ricers ... Just because the media reports "imported compacts" doesn't necessarily mean the cars are imported compacts.

A friend of mine got caught speeding significantly on the highway a while back when he was late for a flight. The local paper reported it as "street racing". Tsk tsk...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cops bust up Exotic car meet, tickets!