Notices
Northern California (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in Northern California

Things to do in Cupertino

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Team Speed's Super Vixen
SuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond repute
Things to do in Cupertino

I know... very random. I have a friend visiting this week and I thought it would be fun to stay at the Cypress Inn. They are pet friendly, have jacuzzi tubs, and look very cute. Plus I get VIP hook up for Kimpton Hotels. Curious what there is to do in the area though. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 09-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Team Speed's Super Vixen
SuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond reputeSuperVixen has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome... looks like there's nothing to do in Cupertino. Guess I'll just lock myself up in the room then, lol.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TunaRollz is an unknown quantity at this point
lol. what kind of thing are you guys looking to do?

Cupertino doesn't have a whole lot to do. There are a few popular 'froyo' shops (Tartini, yogurtland). There's a new amici's NY style pizza in cupe... If you're into japanese curry there's a curry house on deanza. There's a bunch of chinese shops on wolfe road and homestead...hmm...that may be about it for cupertino lol. There's Vallco mall, but it's in the process of being reborn, so there aren't a whole lot of shops there...they do have a new AMC theater and large dynasty (chinese) restaurant downstairs. hmm.. Alexander's steakhouse is on Wolfe near the 280 ramps. A Benihanas right around the corner from there. There's a good peet's coffee on steven's creek w/ a panera bread next door to it. Other than that I think you're better off driving east on Steven's creek from Cupertino. You'll pass through a bunch of dealerships and random shops/restaurants. Eventually you'll end up at Westfield's Valley Fair mall and Santana Row across the street from the mall. This is probably where you'll spend most of your time if you haven't checked them out yet (I'm sure you have though...)

Let me know if you're looking for something more specific. I live/work in the area.

cheers.
jon

Old 09-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Team Speed's Super Vixen
Thanks. I was just curious if there is anything exciting there. Sounds like there isn't. I do like SR, so I guess I'll be spending time there.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TunaRollz is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah..cupertino's a nice little place to live, but you end up leaving to other neighboring cities to do anything cool. They're pretty much known for their great schools and safe neighborhoods. The good news is that Cupertino has much access to all the highways you'll need.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
fusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond repute
I know this is way late, but wanted to add in case anyone else is planning to "vacation" in Cupertino. Strike is a cool bowling alley in the Vallco mall. Went there for the first time last evening for drinks and apps with several of my vendors. I was told it's adults-only after 9PM, and they have a DJ from 9PM to 1AM. Even at 6PM, the decor is lots of blacklight with colored pins, so it has an outer space-ish kind of feel. Big, big bar.