Notices
New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the Teamspeed Community and show us your ride!

Car builder, mega enthusiast that is vehicularly diseased

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 02:08 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
RC000E is an unknown quantity at this point
Car builder, mega enthusiast that is vehicularly diseased

No need to go into major depth here so I'll do a cliffs notes I guess.

Started out reading every magazine in sight as a young guy. Through high school had a love for Camaro's...first car owned was a 78, then a T/A as a teen in the mid 90's. I then met some guys in the import crowd (very birth of that scene) in the late 90's. Went that direction with a Honda CRX in 1997/early 1998. Ended up developing some early swap harnesses (pre Hasport era), some custom mount kits, importing a lot of stuff from Japan, blah blah blah. Went on to build, race and develop multiple businesses from Honda, Mitsubishi and Nissan over the next ten years. My specialty became fabricating one-off forced induction systems, as well as engine management tuning. Did that until roughly 2009, when that scene began to wear me down.

I then turned to BMW and Corvette, partnered with a guy...we ended up opening a shop building turnkey trackday machines from the available market (SL-C, Factory Five, CAV, etc). We brokered and maintained Ferrari's, Lambo's, Porsches...anything to pay the bills. We got on the Speed Channel in 2010, exhibited at major shows, couple times at SEMA, etc. Unfortunately my partner "forgot" to pay his taxes for the prior ten years and his mistress knew all about it. The IRS made quick work of destroying my future plans by throwin my partners old ass in the slammer.

Build a bunch of stuff on my own...tempted to return to the import grind but just couldn't. Now, I'm floating between the east and west coast, looking for a partner to jumpstart and get back in the game.

Car ownership wise, I've owned literally over 80 Honda's, 6 Corvettes to date, a Ferrari, a Porsche C4S, played with a Diablo for a while, etc. I've done a good bit of HPDE/exhibition events...never reached what I wanted out of racing...yet (hopefully). I driven some cool stuff though over the years.

Currently my C5Z06 is pretty built (579whp/512wtq, big brakes, full Pfadt Suspension, 3m satin white pearl wrap, widebody, some other stuff), with plans for more currently underway. I'm also doing a start from scratch type of build with an E36 M3 (long term keeper, GT3RS type of build mentality, road course reliability...one car do it all type approach).

Z06's last iteration before it's currently underway color change again (gonna go a different route)

That's it though...nothin too impressive. Thought I'd be a lot farther ahead of where I am at this stage but...hopefully I can turn it around.

Old 01-07-2016, 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Mr.Supercar is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude i am sure you will find someone in this forum to work with
hope you will be back in the game soon

Old 01-07-2016, 04:02 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
RC000E is an unknown quantity at this point
Hopefully 2016 is my rebound year...thanks man.