Notices
Motorcycle Forum The Harley, Chopper, & Performance Motorcycle Discussion Forum.

Ducati Diavel Carbon Black...ARRIVED!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 01:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
^^ The key is just what you said - take it slow.

I got in way over my head. That is the real reason I got hurt.

I am sure you will be fine.

God bless!

Old 03-23-2011, 01:51 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
more pics of that cafe racer looking bike if that's yours as well please.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
^^ The key is just what you said - take it slow.

I got in way over my head. That is the real reason I got hurt.

I am sure you will be fine.

God bless!
I really am no speed freak and for the most part ride in little populated and traffic areas. I really will be taking it VERY VERY slow... I want to enjoy the bike and as we know it is not necessarily speed that makes it fun.

Dana, your comments and wishes are truly appreciated. Your unfortunate experience has remained somewhat engrained on my mind and serves as a cautionary example to me most times I ride. So fwiw, all that happened to you was not in vain. Thank you for sharing it with us during your very testing time. I do hope that you are now recovered and wish you good health.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
That thing is bad ass. Congrats!

Old 03-23-2011, 02:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Haku
Dana, your comments and wishes are truly appreciated. Your unfortunate experience has remained somewhat engrained on my mind and serves as a cautionary example to me most times I ride. So fwiw, all that happened to you was not in vain. Thank you for sharing it with us during your very testing time. I do hope that you are now recovered and wish you good health.
Thank you. That means a lot. It was a rough experience but I am a stronger man because of it.

Like I have always said, I have never blamed the bike for what happened to me. I still love bikes and even yearn to ride again.

Think of me when you are feeling the rush that only comes on the open road!

Old 03-23-2011, 02:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
more pics of that cafe racer looking bike if that's yours as well please.
Do you mean the white Royal Enfield in my avatar image?

Old 03-23-2011, 02:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, so incredible! Be safe and enjoy it in good health.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:24 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Haku
Do you mean the white Royal Enfield in my avatar image?
Yes. I know nothing of bikes. That one looks awesome.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Barrister
Thank you. That means a lot. It was a rough experience but I am a stronger man because of it.

Like I have always said, I have never blamed the bike for what happened to me. I still love bikes and even yearn to ride again.

Think of me when you are feeling the rush that only comes on the open road!
I do wish that you get what you desire and will certainly think of you when I ride and I'll be sending some nice vibes your way.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by h20skier
Yes. I know nothing of bikes. That one looks awesome.
It's a Royal Enfield Bullett 500cc Single cylinder thumper which is also a bit of a design relic from the 40's and is still made in India. No electrics save for the lights etc. It does have an electric start which rarely works...I prefer to kickstart it anyhow. Lots of torque and no real hp.

A good speed is about 45mph which feels like a hundred! I love it! I have some images of the bike here... and will post a few more pics tomorrow.

https://teamspeed.com/forums/motorcy...-2nd-bike.html

Quick Reply: Ducati Diavel Carbon Black...ARRIVED!