Notices
Motorcycle Forum The Harley, Chopper, & Performance Motorcycle Discussion Forum.

The Doctor is In.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:32 AM
SAB
Teamspeed Pro
SAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond repute
Post The Doctor is In.

BREAKING NEWS: Rossi to Test Tomorrow. Possibly Race in Two Weeks? | Road Racer X

BREAKING NEWS: Ezpeleta: “Rossi will race in Germany”
According to quotes from Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta on Spanish website AS, Valentino Rossi will race at the next round of the MotoGP series, at Germany’s Sachsenring in less than two weeks. Rossi, who broke his tibia and fibula in a crash at Mugello early last month, had originally hoped to return to action for the Brno Grand Prix in mid-August, but he has moved that date up considerably, according to Ezpeleta. “Valentino will race in Germany,” Ezpeleta told AS. “I’ve known since Assen. It’s great news.”

European news outlets are also reporting that Rossi will test a Yamaha YZF-R1 sport bike at Misano tomorrow, to test the leg. If true, this is an incredible comeback for Rossi–just three days more than a month from break to riding, and less than two months from break to racing. Dr. Buzzi, who performed the operation to set the bone in Florence after the crash, had predicted a six-month layoff. The nine-time world champion has been using a hyperbaric chamber in an effort to speed up the healing process, and at this past weekend’s Catalunya Grand Prix, the word in the pressroom was that Vale was spending the weekend at his vacation house on the Spanish island of Ibiza.

Prior to breaking his leg, Rossi had injured his shoulder in a motocross crash, and the time off has given him time to heal that injury as well.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Ya baby he is back however no hope of championship # 10

Old 07-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Rossi to test Superbike in Italy this afternoon
07 July 2010

Valentino Rossi will be back in action on Wednesday afternoon as the reigning World Champion rides a Yamaha YZF-R1 in a private test at Misano. The Italian has made an excellent recovery so far since breaking his leg at Mugello on 5th June and has decided to proceed with the test ride today in order to better understand his current physical condition.

Riding a racing motorcycle will help Rossi and his doctors to plan the next stage of his rehabilitation programme in order to return to racing as soon as he feels confident to do so.

The test will take place using a YZF-R1 World Superbike machine, provided by the Yamaha World Superbike Team to the Fiat Yamaha MotoGP outfit.

More information the Misano test will be available via GPUpdate.net on Wednesday evening.
source:http://www.gpupdate.net/en/motogp-ne...his-afternoon/

Old 07-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
awesome, now we can have some interesting racing.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by edbhr
awesome, now we can have some interesting racing.
+1,000,000,000,000,... im sick of the racing being for every spot but 1st in MotoGP this year.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:16 PM
SAB
Teamspeed Pro
SAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond repute
Good info SpeedLimit. Did you catch the last Moto2 race? Absolutely insane. I won't spoil it for you but I will say that a rider crossed the finish line completely air born.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
He's nuts! Even a minor get-off would set him way back. Don't know if it's worth it.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SAB
Good info SpeedLimit. Did you catch the last Moto2 race? Absolutely insane. I won't spoil it for you but I will say that a rider crossed the finish line completely air born.
Thats was crazy, I for one watch WSBK and MotoGP and of course IOM!

Old 07-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by SAB
Im going to watch my first Moto2 race 2nite!

Old 07-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro

Rossi targets Sachsenring, but admits work to do
Valentino Rossi says that his Misano fitness test was a positive one, but accepts that he is not yet 'race ready'.

Valentino Rossi has set himself the target of returning to MotoGP action at the German Grand Prix next weekend, but admits that he has some way to go in terms of being fit to ride competitively.

The Fiat Yamaha Team rider made his tough assessment after riding a motorcycle for the first time since breaking his right leg at Mugello on 5 June. The Italian completed 26 laps at Misano late on Wednesday, riding a YZF-R1 provided by the Yamaha World Superbike Team. An initial run of eleven laps at 1830hrs local time produced a best time of 1min 41.0secs, before a second run of 15 laps at 1945hrs saw the seven-time champion lower his benchmark to 1min 38.2secs, but he admitted to having pain in both his leg and his shoulder.

"We made this test in order to understand how we must work from here and to see more or less how I can ride the bike," Rossi noted, "The Superbike was good and great fun to ride, [and] the test was positive, because I can at least ride, but there is a lot more to a MotoGP race than to a test like this one.

"I had some pain in the ankle, the knee and the shoulder but, above all, I lacked strength in the shoulder and a bit of movement in the ankle. I would really like to come back at Sachsenring, but it is still too early to say. We still have twelve days and we must wait and see how much we can improve my condition in the next few days. I really would like to ride at Sachsenring, but we must wait another week before making a decision."

The reigning world champion will now continue with an updated rehabilitation programme and make a decision within the next week as to whether he will ride at the German Grand Prix on the weekend of 18 July.
EDIT: Just to serve as a point of reference, Rossi's best time would leave him outside of superpole qualifying for WSBK by just .214s
SOURCE:Rossi targets Sachsenring, but admits work to do | MotoGP News | Jul 2010 | Crash.Net

Last edited by SpeedLimit?; 07-08-2010 at 10:27 AM.