Notices
Motorcycle Forum The Harley, Chopper, & Performance Motorcycle Discussion Forum.

Vale Takes #100

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 05:47 PM
SAB
Teamspeed Pro
SAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond repute
Vale Takes #100

YouTube - Valentino Rossi, win number 100

Yes, it was more than brilliant to see renowned rider Valentino Rossi take his 100th win at the Dutch TT this weekend, and how fun to watch him roll out 100 photos of all the wins. With anyone else it might seem a bit narcissistic, but that lovable, cheeky personality of Vale somehow makes it all ok. And really, when you’re the best, you’re the best.
As far as races go, however, the real battle was down the rung a bit with riders Kallio, Toseland, Hayden, Elias and de Puniet fighting for sixth place, with Kallio crashing out on the last lap. It was magic seeing Hayden fighting hard once again, obviously feeling much more secure on that monster of a bike, so fondly known as the GP9. His best result of the season yet, Hayden had this to say after the race:
"When you start from 13th you are always going to have a lot of work to do but that was the best bike I've had underneath me all season, so I want to say a huge ‘thank you’ to the team for that--they have worked so hard. I got a great start and was able to lead the second group for a while until a couple of guys came past and I lost my rhythm a bit. I made a little mistake under braking on the back straight, ran wide and lost a lot of time but I fought back and got in with the group again. I was having great fun but unfortunately the left handlebar came kind of loose about halfway through the race and cost me a lot of time--that's when a lot of the guys got past me. I know I'm coming out with a lot of excuses this year but a loose handlebar at that speed is pretty scary!" Check out NickyHayden.com for more.
The young Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo had to settle for second place, with a knackered Casey Stoner taking third. The dirt tracker from Down Under's not sure why he’s still suffering from exhaustion, but hopefully he and his team will have it all buttoned up by the time the world heads to Laguna Seca for the first of two USGPs. (Please note that both Laguna Seca and Indy will be broadcast on Fox this year, as opposed to the Speed Channel. The boards are all saying this Sunday, July 5th at 2 p.m., but we’ll keep you updated.)
The other American rider, Colin Edwards, also pulled his best result of the year, taking fourth this weekend, while Rizla’s Chris Vermeulen and Toseland chalked up times in the top six—their best finishes as well for the season.
Elias accidentally ran Capirossi off track toward the end of the race, but the veteran Italian told MotoGP.com, “In racing sometimes things happen like that. Toni tried to overtake me and we both ran off the track but for me it’s not a big problem. I’m talking to Toni, he’s my friend and everything is normal.”

Last edited by SAB; 06-30-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Wish I was going to Laguna this year...

Old 07-24-2009, 10:41 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice post SAB, and thanks for the tip of the hat to Hayden. He seems to be working harder than ever to get back on the podium.