Notices
Motorcycle Forum The Harley, Chopper, & Performance Motorcycle Discussion Forum.

BMW Unveils Street Version of S1000RR

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009 | 06:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ara
Are you referring to the Hypermotard, Josh? If so, not the best commuter bike.
Really? Why's that?

What would you suggest having seen my requirements Ara?

Old 02-04-2009 | 06:47 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Cody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud of
Is it just me or is that an R1 tail section?

BMW has the strangest styling in my opinion.

Old 02-04-2009 | 06:55 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
Really? Why's that?

What would you suggest having seen my requirements Ara?
Well, for a few reasons. First it gets poor mileage for a bike and has a small tank at only 3 gallons. Second, the bar-end mirrors end up making the bike very wide and makes it tough to split lanes. Also, I don't know if you need much storage space, but the Hypermotard has pretty much none. I considered it as a commuter bike, but it's not the best option out there for that purpose. If you want a really practical bike, look at the Ducati Multistrada. I know they are goofy looking, but they are great bikes. Also, the BMW F800GS comes to mind. These are a bit more utilitarian if that's what you are looking for. If you want something sportier, there are plenty of options out there.

Old 02-04-2009 | 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
It's always bloody raining in London - what about the lack of weather protection?

Which 690? What are your thoughts on the new Ducati Supermoto looking bike?
As a California resident for the past decade I have no idea about rain. I rode exactly 400 miles in Louisiana before moving here and have avoided rain ever since. I was referring to the KTM 690 SM.

YouTube - ktm 690 supermoto model spot

The Hypermotard is too wide. I don't see the point in a 1200cc motard, but that's my preference. Supposed to be a killer canyon bike, but it seems too big to be flickable, too fragile to go offroad, and too wide and heavy to be a real urban hooligan machine.

Old 02-04-2009 | 07:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Sick vid Sean.

We should go on a dirt bike trail, i have a Honda CRF230 that i've only used twice!

Old 02-05-2009 | 09:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
You should probably change that oil

Ever been up to Gorman?