Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

New Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
New Corvette

Just got the new issue of Autoweek Mag and i must say the rear end of the new Corvette looks cheap and very unappealing. They made a big mistake on the decision to go with the rectangle taillights.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:47 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Its not necessarily the shape of the tail lights inmo, the rounds don't work on this design. I'd of liked to seen a better lower contour to the rear bumper.

Added the C6 lights to show you what I mean, the round doesn't make it look any better inmo.

Name:  2014-chevrolet-corvette_100415275_l.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  173.7 KB

Old 08-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Its not necessarily the shape of the tail lights inmo, the rounds don't work on this design. I'd of liked to seen a better lower contour to the rear bumper.

Added the C6 lights to show you what I mean, the round doesn't make it look any better inmo.

Attachment 123687
Exactly, it looks like they forgot to finish the whole rear end.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
The rear end of any car is it's signature. Porsche 911, Lambos, Ferraris, AM...etc. Big fail for the Corvette. Otherwise the car is a step up in all other aspects

Old 08-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'm just hoping they release a Z06 and ZR1 for the C7 quickly so it depreciates the C6s and I can buy a Z06 and have the better looking Corvette

IMO the C6 is going to be a classic.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Doug Porcaro is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't mind the front end. The front fender vents are positioned too high and too angled, the outer door / rear fender lines are too sharp, and the entire rear end is completely hideous. Indifferent to the addition of C-pillars. In my opinion.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
The rear end of any car is it's signature. Porsche 911, Lambos, Ferraris, AM...etc. Big fail for the Corvette. Otherwise the car is a step up in all other aspects
agree !

Old 08-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Moving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Doug Porcaro
I don't mind the front end. The front fender vents are positioned too high and too angled, the outer door / rear fender lines are too sharp, and the entire rear end is completely hideous. Indifferent to the addition of C-pillars. In my opinion.
I feel there's a height imbalance front to rear when viewed from the side or front quarters. Other cars have this no doubt, but they transition better.

I'm sure there will be plenty to see first-hand in Monterey this weekend.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
I see the C5 as becoming a classic

Old 08-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Teamspeed Member
ice350 is an unknown quantity at this point
If I had one I would paint all that black in the rear to the color of the car. I think that would do the trick.

Quick Reply: New Corvette