Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

The New Camaro Z/28 Visits Leno's Garage

Old 08-13-2013, 12:26 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow The New Camaro Z/28 Visits Leno's Garage

Name:  cam-leno.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  122.7 KB

The New Camaro Z/28 Visits Leno's Garage

GM wowed the crowds last spring at the New York Auto Show with the new Camaro Z/28, and while the new tire-smoker won't be in your local showroom for a few months, one just happened to show up at Leno's garage. Jay is the first person outside of General Motors Company to drive one, and lucky for us it is all on film.

Featured in the video is Al Oppenheiser, the Camaro’s chief engineer, who shares a behind the scenes explanation of the car, and shares that pricing will be north of the Camaro ZL1's lofty $56k starting price.

Featuring a 7.0-liter LS7 V-8, six-speed manual transmission, standard carbon ceramic brakes, and super-sticky Pirelli PZero Trofeo R tires, the new addition to the Camaro line-up is one we can all appreciate and hope to get behind the wheel of soon! You can tell GM is appealing to the track-day enthusiast with this new Z/28 as air-conditioning and a stereo is an option.

Enjoy the video below:

Old 08-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
This car sparks my interests, but I can't help but think it might be a little over classed by competition at the price point they're aiming for. Ill have to wait to see some def performance specs / lap times

Old 08-15-2013, 04:07 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
jbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enough
That is one Domestic i would consider!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-17-2013, 02:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
That's pretty beasty. It looks like a lot of thought went into the concept of the z28.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
It is so beasty and beautiful than the previews model. The only American car i would buy!!

Old 08-18-2013, 11:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
I have to admit that the new headlight cluster and front bumper look much better than then earlier model. Not too crazy about the taillights. But over all ten times better looking.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by St_Ex
It is so beasty and beautiful than the previews model. The only American car i would buy!!
Agree, this is a mean looking car! I like the looks of it!

Old 08-20-2013, 10:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
This is true Axman. Great looking Camaro!

Old 08-20-2013, 11:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Wearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
4050lb's no thank you. That think will eat track consumables at a monstrous rate.

I mean for that type of money you can get a low mile Gen IV ACR viper which will eat that thing for lunch, or a Radiacal or a spec Miata and all the tires in the world. Unless there is some sort of trans am class that I am missing

Old 08-21-2013, 12:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Wearymicrobe
4050lb's no thank you. That think will eat track consumables at a monstrous rate.

I mean for that type of money you can get a low mile Gen IV ACR viper which will eat that thing for lunch, or a Radiacal or a spec Miata and all the tires in the world. Unless there is some sort of trans am class that I am missing
And it's ugly