Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Ford vs Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 11:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Ford vs Ferrari

Ok, it's a Challenge Stradale and not a garden variety 360, but this would have been more of a fair fight. Throw in an F430 and an R8 V10 for good measure.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
Ed
If you're ever in south Florida you gotta help me with those raised white letters. Car looks amazing brother
Ernie

Old 06-18-2013, 08:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
Unless the GT40 has some custom work on the engine, it wouldn't stand a chance in a race.

Though personelly I prefer the GT40 in the racing form. The widebody kit and wing reall my the car stand out better.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by dieter.manero
Unless the GT40 has some custom work on the engine, it wouldn't stand a chance in a race.

Though personelly I prefer the GT40 in the racing form. The widebody kit and wing reall my the car stand out better.
It's a GT, not a GT40 and the GT stock for stock spanks a Challenge Stradale in any straight line race and is still beating it around a track. What are you saying?

Old 06-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
GT and GT40 same thing? Googled just to make sure. as for speed wise. I can not believe that a GT (STOCK) (as you put it) could possible beat a Fearri f430 Challenge.

Fropm what I've read up on the GT in Road and Track, it was fast but could have been so much more and was unstable due to the fact that they didn't sell well. A number of customers traded in due to bad suspension.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
GT and GT40 same thing? Googled just to make sure. as for speed wise. I can not believe that a GT (STOCK) (as you put it) could possible beat a Fearri f430 Challenge.

Fropm what I've read up on the GT in Road and Track, it was fast but could have been so much more and was unstable due to the fact that they didn't sell well. A number of customers traded in due to bad suspension.
GT was made from 2004-2006 and the GT40 from 1964-1969...not the same? And the Challenge isn't a F430 its a 360...the car right next to the GT. The F430 is the car on the far left. The F430 Challenge looks nothing like that F430 and is a straight up race car.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maxemus
Ed
If you're ever in south Florida you gotta help me with those raised white letters. Car looks amazing brother
Ernie
Anytime, Ernie!

No idea what you're talking about.

Originally Posted by TheStigSC
It's a GT, not a GT40 and the GT stock for stock spanks a Challenge Stradale in any straight line race and is still beating it around a track. What are you saying?
Nail on head. Still a better matchup than a regular 360 as was Ford's original target when developing the GT.

Still none of this makes any sense, from start to finish.

Originally Posted by TheStigSC
GT was made from 2004-2006 and the GT40 from 1964-1969...not the same? And the Challenge isn't a F430 its a 360...the car right next to the GT. The F430 is the car on the far left. The F430 Challenge looks nothing like that F430 and is a straight up race car.
Spot on except for the manufacturing years. 4038 GT's were made from 2005-2006. There was no MY 2004.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
sorry mis typed the f430. my error, knew very well that it was a 360,sometimes my mind leads one place but my fingers type another. As for the GT and GT40 blame google. I just researched with google again and they also stated that the GT40 was the model thats present.
https://www.google.ca/search?gs_rn=1...GuSFywGamYCQDA

Thats beside the point, error is an error.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by bonehead
Spot on except for the manufacturing years. 4038 GT's were made from 2005-2006. There was no MY 2004.
Gotcha. Thought they started making the 2005s in 2004.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BoneHead -What doesn't make sense??? I'm just stating what I've read in Motortrend and Track.

I have seen various custom Gt40's with extensive engine modifications, and they pretty fast, supercharged and turbo charged.

Quick Reply: Ford vs Ferrari