Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

About a month until my Tesla Model S arrives... :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Have you driven it? If so, give us your perspective of the drive. Pros and cons.

I heard that it has amazing torque, and throttle response like nothing else, but on the downside when you let off the gas it does not coast at all but slows way down as it always is in 1st gear.

Also this 300 mile range is if you are very easy on the gas pedal right?
If you get on it often that would probably shrink to 100miles, or is that not true.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Have you driven it? If so, give us your perspective of the drive. Pros and cons.

I heard that it has amazing torque, and throttle response like nothing else, but on the downside when you let off the gas it does not coast at all but slows way down as it always is in 1st gear.

Also this 300 mile range is if you are very easy on the gas pedal right?
If you get on it often that would probably shrink to 100miles, or is that not true.
I have driven but not extensively. Just like any car's mpg rating goes way down when you drive aggressively, you won't get 300 miles driving this one aggressively. I'm not sure what the range would be if you drove aggressively full time.

The torque is stunning, and more than the 0-60 feel is the 40-70 feel -- zero lag, it has full power at any moment. It is true that the "go" pedal slows when you take your foot over, but this is used to regenerate and recharge the battery as you are driving. You get used to basically driving with one foot on one pedal -- which also saves on brake wear. It's different, but not worse, IMHO.

Handling is great and the center of gravity is VERY low because the battery pack is at the bottom of the car -- so there's very, very little body movement when going around hard turns.

Last edited by GT3Scott; 02-02-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Wheeler
Nice car, congrats. Only if they had designed a better dashboard, it looks too boxy.
Hard to make a 17" touchscreen not look boxy.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
WoW, congratz!!!
What sold it??

Old 02-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Huge congrats. A good friend of mine ordered one and i was able to go on his test drive and actually drive the car. Great looking car with great details and the touch screen is amazing. Very useful and functional and the nav absolutely blows away any other nav out there.

Also agree with your driving impressions. Stunningly, shockingly fast with solid, planted feel on the road. Our salesman let us flog it pretty hard and I walked away really "getting it". Not ready to buy one myself, but it is an incredible car that ImHO has exceeded all reasonable expectations at the outset of the project.

Congrats again.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Living in Silicon Valley I see more and more of these on the road every week. I agree it is fast from 0-60. However the people I have spoken at the local dealership here said most buyers didn't consider that to be one of the top 5 factors in deciding to buy a Tesla Model S. Four door sedans don't seem to come off well trying punching it at a green light. Looks kind of silly. Good move in getting the high power charger. Congratulations. The car is stunning in Black.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
Living in Silicon Valley I see more and more of these on the road every week. I agree it is fast from 0-60. However the people I have spoken at the local dealership here said most buyers didn't consider that to be one of the top 5 factors in deciding to buy a Tesla Model S. Four door sedans don't seem to come off well trying punching it at a green light. Looks kind of silly. Good move in getting the high power charger. Congratulations. The car is stunning in Black.
It's more of an everyday car with a kick. Everytime I get a "real" sports car it tends to sit around too much, the insurance and Virginia personal property tax really add up. This car is drivable as a really fun daily driver. And I can pass every gas station and smile.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by BigE
Huge congrats. A good friend of mine ordered one and i was able to go on his test drive and actually drive the car. Great looking car with great details and the touch screen is amazing. Very useful and functional and the nav absolutely blows away any other nav out there.

Also agree with your driving impressions. Stunningly, shockingly fast with solid, planted feel on the road. Our salesman let us flog it pretty hard and I walked away really "getting it". Not ready to buy one myself, but it is an incredible car that ImHO has exceeded all reasonable expectations at the outset of the project.

Congrats again.
They did a great job, and I imagine they'll only get better. Reviews have been great and people who have had them for several months report no problems for the most part (generally just minor things that any brand new model would have). Looking forward to it, never expected in my lifetime I would drive an all electric car -- not to mention one that can beat pretty much any car out there (especially those with drivers driving sticks that think they're better drivers than they are!)

Old 02-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by GT3Scott
What do you mean?
I meant that here in europe, they are still very hard to get, and in most of the countries they are not available yet.

Last edited by exRockstar; 02-02-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Ive done some more research on the car and it is defiantly very cool! Ill look forward to some first hand driving reviews from you.

But I still think it looks like a Dart

Attached Images   

Quick Reply: About a month until my Tesla Model S arrives... :)