Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

2009 Corvette ZR1 starts at $103,300

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
2009 Corvette ZR1 starts at $103,300

General Motors and Chevrolet have just released all their official numbers for the 2009 Corvette ZR1 and... hold on to your butts... its base MSRP (including destination charges) will be $103,300. Add to that a $1,700 Gas guzzler tax, $2,000 for chrome wheels and another $10,000 for the only Option package available that adds upgraded seats, side air bags, Bose audio, a nav system, Bluetooth, power tilt/telescoping steering wheel and leather-wrapped interior, and you're looking at a grand total of $117,000. We believe that may make the Corvette ZR1 the most expensive product ever offered by GM, but consider what you get. The ZR1 is a 638-hp supercar that can reach 60 mph in 3.4 seconds, run the quarter mile in 11.3 seconds at 131 mph (!) and top out at 205 mph, all while returning 14 mpg city and 20 mpg highway. Unfortunately, Chevy didn't hit its target of having the most fuel-efficient supercar on earth with the ZR1, as they admit that the Dodge Viper (13/22) and Porsche GT3 (15/22) are a bit less thirsty. Of course, they're neither as powerful nor as fast, and the Porsche is more expensive. The ZR1 will likely be marked up by dealers far above its $117k asking price, but kudos to General Motors anyway for having the balls to build it.

Source: Autoblog
2009 Corvette ZR1 starts at $103,300 - Autoblog

Old 06-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Talking

Best bang for the buck still. Although, I'd rather a ZO6. I'd take that for 80K or so and toss in 10K in mods.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SSNISTR
Best bang for the buck still. Although, I'd rather a ZO6. I'd take that for 80K or so and toss in 10K in mods.
Couldnt agree more, Motons better brakes and tires and you are set!

Old 06-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
$10K for the interior package is insanity... I agree with the Z06 comments. Load it up with the good stuff, some Recaros, etc., have Stitchcraft redo the interior. It'd be TONS cheaper - and that's before any dealer markup.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Chris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond repute
Going to be immensely sick regardless.

I have to agree with everyone else though. That money could do quite a bit in a C6 Z06. That and I'm going to assume their prices will be dropping once these bad boys are released as well.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
formula1champ33 is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree, I will take the Z06 and do some mods...

Old 06-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
rather get a 996TT and do more mods

Old 06-20-2008, 01:03 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
After seeing what happened to my uncle in his 2007 Z06 no thank you, its good that he is alive right now.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
seems to much for a chevy

Old 06-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
scvr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
My cousin and uncle just ordered theres for august delivery, only 18 for his dealer this year. They have had deposits for 4 years for these cars, can't wait for August to come around

Last edited by scvr6; 06-22-2008 at 01:54 PM.

Quick Reply: 2009 Corvette ZR1 starts at $103,300