Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Repainting my Ford GT - colors??

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
dealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to alldealmaker is a name known to all
Repainting my Ford GT - colors??

So my 06 Ford GT has been red since built!!! (albeit mine is not stock - it has black stripes and black wheels, mirrors etc)

But with 8000 miles on it - it's starting to get the odd area where it could use a refresh - and its made me think that it might be a chance to go in a different direction and repaint it?

I'm drawing up a short list of colors and so far it looks like this :

1) the stock Ford GT yellow - black stripes

2) the yellow/orange color used on the GTX1 models - "Valencia Orange" I think - with silver/grey or black stripes

3) Orange - like 997GT3RS Mk1 - or Porsche "Pure Orange" - black stripes

4) Porsche Signal Green or Viper Green - with Black stripes (like the car in Germany)

So has anyone seen a GT in any of these colors - especially the Valencia Orange (current favourite) - as they often look very different in the flesh than in pictures on the internet??

Just looking for opinions really!

Thanks!

Old 12-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
diskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond repute
I love #2, but I'm with the other inevitable replies of Gulph orange/blue.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Gulf livery or #2

Old 12-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
Pics of #4?

Old 12-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Wearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by POWERHOUSE
Pics of #4?

Maybe this one

My thoughts are just change the stripes to white.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
I hate to be a party pooper but i'm assuming you're planning on keeping her? for EVAR?

repainting kills resale values.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
GTX1 color ftw.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
I hate to be a party pooper but i'm assuming you're planning on keeping her? for EVAR?

repainting kills resale values.
I was thinking the same. How about wrapping it??

Old 12-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
+1 to wrapping.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
tincan will become famous soon enoughtincan will become famous soon enoughtincan will become famous soon enoughtincan will become famous soon enoughtincan will become famous soon enoughtincan will become famous soon enoughtincan will become famous soon enough
Stillen did orange w/silver. Looks good.

Quick Reply: Repainting my Ford GT - colors??