Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Race and Tow: The 2012 Cadillac Escalade Power and Performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 08:47 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Team Cadillac will become famous soon enoughTeam Cadillac will become famous soon enoughTeam Cadillac will become famous soon enoughTeam Cadillac will become famous soon enoughTeam Cadillac will become famous soon enoughTeam Cadillac will become famous soon enoughTeam Cadillac will become famous soon enoughTeam Cadillac will become famous soon enoughTeam Cadillac will become famous soon enoughTeam Cadillac will become famous soon enough
Arrow Race and Tow: The 2012 Cadillac Escalade Power and Performance

Race and Tow: The 2012 Cadillac Escalade Power and Performance

What is it about a luxury vehicle that can beckon its owner to boast? –– Is it the sleekness of the design, or the lavish features? Cadillac believes that a true luxury vehicle must have more than a pretty façade to show off, it has to have the brains and brawn too. Check out this video showcasing Cadillac’s brain, brawn and beauty against the Mercedes Benz C300. There’s nothing wrong with a little friendly competition.

Numbers tell the story best, so here is a raw number comparison of the two vehicles. Although it is considerably heavier, the Escalade has a superior power-to-weight ratio that allows it to accelerate faster than the Mercedes-Benz. Learn more about how Cadillac is setting a new standard: Cadillac |New Standards |Luxury Cars, Coupes, Sedans & SUVs

Race and Tow | Cadillac Versus Mercedes - YouTube

Mercedes-Benz:
Weight: 3,737 lb
Horsepower: 228
0–60 in 7.1 sec
3.0L V6

Escalade:
RWD curb Weight: 5,545lb
Horsepower: 403
0–60 in 6.8 sec
6.2L V8

Learn more about the Escalade and the full Cadillac lineup at:
Luxury Cars, SUVs, Sedans, Coupes, and Crossovers | Cadillac

Old 09-26-2011, 08:57 AM
Teamspeed Member
Chris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to all
I like the direction Caddy is going in, catering to a more youthful audience! I would have liked to have seen the CTSV series caddy one though smoke an AMG!

Old 09-26-2011, 09:00 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the Team guys, thanks again for your support of Teamspeed. Very glad to have you here and thank again for the tickets you distributed to the members for the last race!

Old 09-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
rangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond repute
to TS!

Old 09-26-2011, 09:03 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
^^we are very excited to be working directly with the manufacturer in this capacity so thanks for making them feel welcome guys!

Old 09-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Teamspeed Member
AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!AC1982 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Welcome.

Escalades are not very common here (Brazil)... performance aside, they do get a lot of attention around here.

Much more than any Mercedes... well, SLS and SLR apart, for sure.

Are there any plans for official representation in Brazil?

Old 09-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Teamspeed Member
CoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to behold
Very nice video, welcome Cadillac! Absolutely love seeing the range when I'm in the US, they're quite a car!

If only you sold the CTS-V's in Australia!

Old 09-26-2011, 09:43 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MattFalcon is on a distinguished roadMattFalcon is on a distinguished road
Great video. Unexpected and a nice joke at the end, with the towing and "I gotta get this thing back in an hour."

CTS-V vs C63? You know you guys want too!

Old 09-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
PBR ME is on a distinguished roadPBR ME is on a distinguished roadPBR ME is on a distinguished roadPBR ME is on a distinguished roadPBR ME is on a distinguished road
I just purchased a used 07 Escalade...it has a few issues that a 4 year old vehicle probably shouldnt, but it is overall an awesome vehicle...

Old 09-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Teamspeed Member
Chris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MattFalcon
Great video. Unexpected and a nice joke at the end, with the towing and "I gotta get this thing back in an hour."

CTS-V vs C63? You know you guys want too!
Yes that's what I want to see!!!!

Quick Reply: Race and Tow: The 2012 Cadillac Escalade Power and Performance