Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

(finally) I bought a Ford GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Teamspeed Member
HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thanks fellas.

Originally Posted by Alzilla
Hey Chris, how many miles were on the car when you took delivery?
5800 ish.. soon to be 6800. This baby isn't going to just sit around collecting dust.

I'll never sell it, so I didn't/don't care about a few miles.

Buy and hold baby!

Old 09-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
clemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HIRISC
Z06 and a GT. Perfect combo/garage

Old 09-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Teamspeed Member
HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by clemson3
Z06 and a GT. Perfect combo/garage
Thanks brother..

I absolutely love my Z06. That said, the FGT makes it seem very 'comfy' (and a little soft) by way of comparison. (in my whole 40 miles of driving the FGT).

It is nice to have Sat radio however..

A buddy of mine has a hard-nosed Z06 set up for racing, but someone (hint hint MF) hasn't let me drive it.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on a very cool and unusual car (atleast in europe). Any driving impressions you can share with us? I am seriously considering a FGT as my next car.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Sideways_swe
Congrats on a very cool and unusual car (atleast in europe). Any driving impressions you can share with us? I am seriously considering a FGT as my next car.
Thanks...

Haven't had much seat time. Beyond the general comparison to my Z06 above, I'd simply characterize the ride as much more purposeful. Mine is lowered about an inch, so that probably enhances the ride firmness. Likewise, the seats are very firm. You know you're in something meant to go very, very quickly. Rock solid and stable (at least to 130mph or so). Mine is tuned to 620whp or so, so it goes without saying it pulls very well. The gearing is long, longer by feeling than my Z06. The steering wheel is small (diameter), and Ford put a very, very quick steering rack/ratio in this. The steering response is faster than any other car I've ever driven. I like it, but it demands your full attention. Sight lines are unique - large a-pillars force you to look around them while cornering. That might go away with some more miles. People love this car: lot's of honks and thumbs up. It feels more like an occasion to drive this than any other car I've owned, by far. I got back in my Z06 after driving the FGT for a bit and I realize how light the clutch is in the Z comparatively. I'm glad they didn't distill down the FGT.

I'll post more when I get some more drive time.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
Congrats, nice stable!

Old 09-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
Good writeup, Thanks! What mods is needed for making 620whp? Bigger SC?

Old 09-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Royal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond reputeRoyal Oak has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JDM135
Can you explain what you mean by this? Lol
Check this out.

Nice garage HIRISC!!

Old 09-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of light
"Finally" is right. Man. I thought I was going to get old and grey waiting for you to make up your mind.

Seriously though, Big Congrats!! The car is spectacular.

Originally Posted by HIRISC
Thanks brother..

I absolutely love my Z06. That said, the FGT makes it seem very 'comfy' (and a little soft) by way of comparison. (in my whole 40 miles of driving the FGT).

It is nice to have Sat radio however..

A buddy of mine has a hard-nosed Z06 set up for racing, but someone (hint hint MF) hasn't let me drive it.
You're too pretty to be seen in the AtomicZ. It is loud, raw, stiff and makes women and children run and hide.

I'm sure we can get this accomplished if you want to go slumming.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura about
Big congrats, Chris , on the new acquisition !!
Enjoy !

Quick Reply: (finally) I bought a Ford GT