Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Dodge Viper takes latest Nürburgring record with a 7:12 run

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
ViperACR is an unknown quantity at this point
The trackside and in car video should be released soon, will be quite interesting to play it side by side with the LF-A and ZR1 video to see where the Viper made up the time. I am guessing the 5-7 MPH faster top speed the 2010 ACR has over the previous years made the difference in the straights as we know what it can do in the corners.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kevin358
The ACR is not a great commuter or street car.
That's rather subjective. I quite enjoy driving them on the street. The clutch and steering are light, brakes are linear and undramatic, gearbox is perfectly acceptable, seats are some of the nicest I've ever parked my butt in (including 8+ hour road trips), the gearing is superb for low-rpm loping along (~1,500 rpm in 6th at 80mph) and the ground clearance is as good as any other sports car that is in any way comparable. It's as usable on the street as a GT3, and I know lots of people who daily those.

If your idea of a daily driver is a Merc boat with seat massagers, no, the experience is nothing like that. But if you're an actual enthusiast, whom the car is directly targeted at, there really isn't that much to keep one from daily driving one. It sucks gas like a container ship, but if you're buying the car to begin with, it's unlikely you care about that.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
rangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond repute
^ So you drive an ACR?

Old 09-23-2011, 11:58 AM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rangieboy17
^ So you drive an ACR?
Supercharged SRT-10 with the majority of the ACR goodies (sans wing). Only real difference is available downforce and suspension (mine's stiffer as I run more comp/bump damping).

Old 09-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
rangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond repute
Ha! Mystery solved. Great ride.

I was under the impression that you've built your own super car.

Last edited by rangieboy17; 09-23-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:31 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Simba is the super car.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Shooter_t1 is on a distinguished roadShooter_t1 is on a distinguished roadShooter_t1 is on a distinguished roadShooter_t1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Simba
Supercharged SRT-10 with the majority of the ACR goodies (sans wing). Only real difference is available downforce and suspension (mine's stiffer as I run more comp/bump damping).
Sounds like my 1st Viper. 14/200 S/C 1st Edition with 681 rwhp that I traded for my Gen4 Aero Coupe.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Kevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Simba
That's rather subjective. I quite enjoy driving them on the street. The clutch and steering are light, brakes are linear and undramatic, gearbox is perfectly acceptable, seats are some of the nicest I've ever parked my butt in (including 8+ hour road trips), the gearing is superb for low-rpm loping along (~1,500 rpm in 6th at 80mph) and the ground clearance is as good as any other sports car that is in any way comparable. It's as usable on the street as a GT3, and I know lots of people who daily those.

If your idea of a daily driver is a Merc boat with seat massagers, no, the experience is nothing like that. But if you're an actual enthusiast, whom the car is directly targeted at, there really isn't that much to keep one from daily driving one. It sucks gas like a container ship, but if you're buying the car to begin with, it's unlikely you care about that.
I can see that. But I have heard of people driving all kinds of cars on the street as daily drivers. My point is, the ZR1 has more luxuries and is going to have far more compliant suspension. I am sure I would like driving an ACR on the street too, but the ZR1 would still be a more pleasant drive daily and on potholed/bumpy roads.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Kevin358
I can see that. But I have heard of people driving all kinds of cars on the street as daily drivers. My point is, the ZR1 has more luxuries and is going to have far more compliant suspension. I am sure I would like driving an ACR on the street too, but the ZR1 would still be a more pleasant drive daily and on potholed/bumpy roads.
What luxuries are you referring to? Bone stock, the only ones I can think of are cruise control and satnav.

I would say the stock suspension is fairly comparable as well. The Viper is stiffer, but less so than, say, a Merc Black series.

On the other side of the coin, the Viper seats are MUCH more comfortable than the beanbag monstrosities the Vette comes with.