Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

BOSS HOSS: new 302 photoshoot!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 01:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond repute
BOSS HOSS: new 302 photoshoot!

Most of you know already that I pulled the trigger Thursday on a new Boss 302. I have been pining after a new car for awhile now. Bounced between a Z06 and some more practical stuff (i.e. GTI, 3-series, A4/S4, etc.), but was never completely satisfied with any of them. Enter the 2012 Boss 302. I was smitten with this car ever since I read the first few reviews. I was on the hunt for one for the better part of 3 months, but I was too late to get my own allocation and all the cars that dealers had they wanted big premiums for, which I wasn't willing to do. After all it is a damn Ford !

Well, I was stalking the Ford website and notice that they had listed a late allocation for a dealer local to me. Called and it wasn't taken yet, but they wanted >$5K over sticker. Went in anyway and after 5 hours of back and forth bullshit, they gave me the deal I wanted and the Boss was mine!

It's been a crazy year at work and I've really been putting in my time so this is a HUGE thing for me to be able to pull the trigger on a toy like this. Will definitely be cutting back on the boozing to save some money . I'm planning on keeping it for awhile and then hopefully trading up for a certain German (cough GT3 cough).

My first driving impressions so far (about 200 miles) is that this thing is farking awesome! So much damn power and torque all through the rev range and that sound is intoxicating (I pulled the baffles out of the side pipes). I haven't used the TracKey yet, but I'm sure that will be an awesome 2nd dimension to the car. On the interstate or just cruising it is very civilized. The gearbox is absolutely perfect (I'd honestly compare the feel to my dads GT3). It's incredibly crisp with a short, knotchy throw and absolutely zero play.

On to the pics!!

Thanks for looking and thanks for all the congrats I've already gotten...if you can't tell, I'm pretty excited about this!

Old 08-27-2011, 01:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Perfect color, perfect options. She's a beauty, Pete! Congrats and enjoy it.

Are you going to break it in at Road America next weekend at the PCA event?

Old 08-27-2011, 01:35 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Again, congrats BIG time man! Awesome car. Enjoy the HELL out of it!

Old 08-27-2011, 01:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Nice! Congrats! How is this better than a Zed? I dunno much about either car.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Nice! Congrats! How is this better than a Zed? I dunno much about either car.
Thanks! Not sure I'd say it's better at all, just better for me. I really like the "track-oriented" nature of the Boss and IMO, the interior/seats, etc. is much nicer than the Z. Both are amazing cars and would have been fun as hell, but in the end the exclusivity and lineage of the Boss was too much to pass up.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:43 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats PA. That's one badass car.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:44 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Even if I didn't have a soft spot for Mustangs, I would totally dig this car. Congratulations, Pete!

This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheAudi
Thanks! Not sure I'd say it's better at all, just better for me. I really like the "track-oriented" nature of the Boss and IMO, the interior/seats, etc. is much nicer than the Z. Both are amazing cars and would have been fun as hell, but in the end the exclusivity and lineage of the Boss was too much to pass up.
My car disagrees Jk. Now you need one of these...

Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
That is THE BEST color on this car with Grabber Blue a close 2nd. Congrats!

Old 08-27-2011, 01:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Thanks guys! I'm so damn happy with it and the exhaust sounds so epic w/ the baffles out that the only mods I'm going to do are tint and a nice drop..