Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Ford GT500

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Ford GT500

I'm pretty bored with my Audi and was thinking of picking up a GT500 as a replacement. Anybody have one? Drove it yesterday and its a fun car.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond repute
As long a you lower the 4x4 and throw some big meats on the back. You had an E55, so you should love the torque that only a roots blower can give you.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ara
I'm pretty bored with my Audi and was thinking of picking up a GT500 as a replacement. Anybody have one? Drove it yesterday and its a fun car.
If you're talking brand new, yes. My buddy Dave has one, and he is currently looking to sell... He took me for a ride, it is pretty nuts.

selling my car...I need to free up some cash for an investment. I will sell it as it, or turn it back to stock if somebody desires. But I need this to move fast. I have over 16K in mods + the cost of installation.

It's a fully loaded 07 interior upgrade package, ford sat radio and shaker 1000.
It's got ~17,100 miles on it and I am still driving it until it sells.

mods include

19" CCW's and bfg kdw tires 19x11 and 19x9.5
JLT CAI w/ 110mm maf
FRPP 3.73 gears
Ground Control coil overs, camber/caster plates, koni single adjustable struts and shocks
Stainless works long tubes, 3" x pipe with cats and 3" catback
SCT Xcal2 with 93 octane tune by jon lund
Autolite 103 platinum plugs
BMR lower control arms, upper control arm, lower control arm relocation bracket, panhard bar and relocation kit, moser diff cover
Speed of Sound gauge pod with cobalt boost/vac and water temp gauges
Eclipse AVN6600, HD radio receiver, satellite receiver, ipod hook up
1 piece powerhouse 411 driveshaft and safty loop
Vision Bulbs hi/low HID kit
painted mirrors and lower trim
california car cover - all weather cover that cost $340

I am asking 54K OBO for the car as is, or we can talk about demodding and selling. This car would easily cost over 65K to replicate + labor.

I also have a ny-trex nitrous kit that I could sell in addition to the car, that is brand new in the original boxes. It has a bottle warmer, blow down tube, tps activation switch, window switch + all other necessary accessories. I paid $1250 from lethal performance for this and I will let it go for $1050.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the link Jimbo. I'd probably want a stock one though. Plus the '08s have a couple of new options. Anyone interested in an '07 A4?

Old 01-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Ara,

I think they did a decent job on the new Mustang in terms of the design and the audience that they needed to capture. I would argue that for the money i think you can do better than the GT500 as it's extremely heavy with lazy handling from what i've read.

My other main issue with them is that there are just too many of them on the road IMO to make it an interesting purchase as every teenager and college kid has one that they're modding to look just like the GT500.

That's just my opinion however, good luck with the new purchase!

Josh.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Thanks Josh. I haven't made up my mind yet, just thinking out loud. I'm bored with my Audi and just like change. Wish I could find an efficient way to have a new car every year.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
tamaneri is an unknown quantity at this point
My uncle got this car about 2 months ago... He LOVES it.

Saleen Mustang Pirnelli Jones edition

I think they only made .... 500?

Old 01-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
My local dealer has about 10 of those (if not more) sitting on the lot. While it's a cool car, the only Mustang I am really interested in is the GT500.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:10 PM
MGM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond reputeMGM has a reputation beyond repute
They're pretty fun to drive! Great to cruise in, really comfortable. Exhaust, lower, tint really set them off nice!

Old 02-12-2008, 01:55 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Def go for it, when you begin to modify it its going to be a hell of a street car.

A buddy of mine has the stage 2 with the x pipe and one the dyno it did around 585 to the wheels with just a pulley, ecu tune, air intake, x pipe.

We are looking into headers for more power.