Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Cadillac STS-V for the wife?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Cadillac STS-V for the wife?

Dropped the wifes car off for service a little while ago and we walk outside and see it:

2008 Cadillac STS-V
6k miles
every option
Thunder? Grey exterior
black leather interior
heads up display
did I mention every option?

Mrs. Gobbles is in love. I need to know:

1. what is a fair price for the car
2. Is it too much power (she's used to a 265 hp Acura)
3. How do they handle in rain and snow?

Thinking of trading the TL and throwing a bow on it.

All comments and thoughts appreciated!

Old 12-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
There pretty good cars, A friend of mine had one... Just heavy pigs, but I'm sure you're wifey wont mind. You can get them SUPER cheap right now.... Its a good amount of power but nothing the Mrs. couldnt handle.

BUT I will never own another Cadillac Car again (Escalade maybe) my Cts-V is being bought back as a Lemon, its had problems since day 1.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:25 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Don't do it. You can do better than a Caddy.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
They are nice, but big. Get a CTS!

Old 12-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
I want that car. The Magnaride suspension is brilliant and Ferrari licensed it for the 599. It's more S55 than M5, but that's a good thing IMO. I've seen them for ~30k with ~20k miles on it. Depreciation on those is a bitch, so they're cheap used. With 469hp and RWD, I'd guess it's pretty terrible in the snow. You'd really need some snows on that thing.

2006 BMW M5 vs. Cadillac STS-V, M-B CLS55 AMG - Comparison Tests

Last edited by sean; 12-04-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
bwnunnally is an unknown quantity at this point
The STS-V has Sachs shocks, MR was not 'ready' when Cadillac was tuning it, and the Sachs were quicker on the track. The new CTS-V has the MR suspension.

1) I think the STS-V is a terrific buy for anyone right now. The 2008 added a heads-up display, which is fun. Hard to say with such low miles, but I would feel pretty good buying that car for $35K, and feel like it was expensive at $45K. KBB says for my zip it would be a $44K car with 6k miles.

2) The STS-V has 469 hp, but very good manners. It won't really run out from under her.

3) Rain np. RWD would not be my first choice if I drove in a lot of ice/snow. My CTS has been good in the weather, but an AWD CTS might better suit your weather.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
captainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enoughcaptainslow will become famous soon enough
from what i can remember there is no leg room on the passenger side because the transmission takes up the foot well, and the glove box is on a funny angle and doesnt hold anything. id still go with a newer cts (08+) if you can get one

Old 12-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey bro, if she is in love with it, do it. Chances are it is still under warranty and you can take it, get it certified, and get the extended warranty. No worries after that. Good luck T.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:01 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Gobbles,

There is no such thing as too much power for the mrs.

My wife loved driving the GT2 to work, because, and I quote "people can't be mean in traffic."

Power is teh awesome.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Don't get it.....

Quick Reply: Cadillac STS-V for the wife?