Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Will this look good on my Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blackburry
I never thought about the actually safety of my vehicle. You know what, regardless of anyone's thoughts I believe it actually looks great and for added safety it's a definite buy.

Thank you all for your opinion.
Wow, you should be applauded for you decision. That wing is going to make you and your hood rat friends invincible!

Old 11-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
Bravo, Bravo!

where are the pics of the new vette con race/canyon wing?

Old 11-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
And this, my friends, is why this is the best forum on the interwebs. When cooler heads can prevail on a safety issue such as this to save lives, we all win.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
I just finished reading through this thread. Wise choice to go with the wing. Running canyons is serious business and extremely dangerous. Its your car....if you want yellow, go with yellow. Look at it this way, the people on here telling you to avoid a yellow vette are the same people who lust after some silly looking white Porsche that comes with a wing and strange looking bright orange or green wheels with a matching "gt3 rs" written in cursive across the lower panels. How ugly is that!!!!

Kudos for going with the wing and go with the color you really want!!!!

Old 11-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
kraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud of
That looks terrible!

And as far as functionality, you will be putting a front lip/spoiler on the car to balance it out afterwards right? lol

Old 11-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
The wing may not look that great imo, but you need the down force right? sometimes you have to sacrifice looks for performance.

Case in point....She looks horrendous but she performs like a charm!!

Old 11-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Former Sponsor
Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Judging by the title, the question was asked as if it was for form not function.. Will it look good?? no it wont look good.. Will it work, yes it should help out if you need more downforce for what you doing with the car..

Old 11-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
miboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blackburry
I never thought about the actually safety of my vehicle. You know what, regardless of anyone's thoughts I believe it actually looks great and for added safety it's a definite buy.

Thank you all for your opinion.
Kudos to you. I'm here in Michigan...which seems to be the capital of Vettes, and I think it would look great. The canyon runs definitely will be safe with the wing.

Post pics.

Please post pics!

Old 11-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
Slow day at the office boys?

To the OP: I think this issue transcends the merely aesthetical question of whether it will look good or not. It's a matter of to be or not to be.

You see, if you choose to continue to partake in the art of canyon running (and you will because as a true man, you are in fact a roadwarrior unable to resist the calling of the twisting tarmac sirens) without the proper downforce this will inevitably result in a sudden, fatal lesson into the physics of high speed impacts.

And that is when the real trouble starts; since you are no longer able to provide for your family there will at first be no new iPhones under the Christmas tree, then they will be forced out of the home into a cold and run down apartment on the wrong side of town (picture Rocky V). Where your kid, disillusioned and without fatherly authority to keep him in check, will soon resort to a crime filled adolescence until he shoots the local 7/11 clerk through the head one night.

This will be the final drop which overflows the proverbial bucket of your former better half, reducing her to a crack smoking, emotionally ruined, semi human being destined to roam the backstreets muttering "one blowjob perfidy dollars" until the end of time.

All because you let some punks on a car forum convince you not to put that lifesaver on the back of your Corvette.

Do the responsible thing, get that wing.
Fvcking funny!

Old 11-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Vanq
Fvcking funny!
More like fu cking serious, safety is serious business.

Quick Reply: Will this look good on my Corvette?