Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

Drag race: Corvette ZR1 v AC Mk6

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 06:13 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Old 08-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
No matter what you got, somethings quicker.

BUT....
That ZR1 was not being pushed, he launched like a pu**y.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. I am not surprised. If there is one thing I have learned driving my friend's 700 hp big block Superformance Cobra, traction is everything. There is no such thing as "floor it and go" in a 700 hp Cobra until you are going at least 100 mph, and flooring it at 100 mph in 3rd at high rpms in that car can sometimes result in wheelspin as well .

My guess is that 430 hp in a 2,500 lb car like that AC MkVI is an almost perfect balance of power/weight/traction and is able to put all of its power down without much wheelspin through the first two or three gears. The ZR1 is not able to use full throttle power until at least mid way through 3rd, which in that car is close to 100 mph

Put some slicks on the ZR1 and you have an entirely different race.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ I agree with BigE on this one

Old 08-13-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SINISTR Z06
No matter what you got, somethings quicker.

BUT....
That ZR1 was not being pushed, he launched like a pu**y.
Dude, seriously? Spin the tires in a drag race and consider your race lost.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Alex
Dude, seriously? Spin the tires in a drag race and consider your race lost.
Who said anything about spinning the tires? Not I.

I probably have more passes then 95% of this board. 700+ to date on 5 different cars. A car with big power, even on street tires can be launched much better then that. Get the rev's up, and slip the clutch. I've driven 700 rwhp Z06's. It can be done with talent.

Last edited by SINISTR; 08-14-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^
I agree with you about the poor launch of the ZR1 in the video. It does take a combination of talent and practice with a particular car to understand the nuances of its power delivery and how much clutch slippage, throttle, etc can be applied for optimum acceleration. You have to admit, launching 638 hp (like the ZR1) on stock tires (not properly warmed up drag radials) is really tricky and can easily result in wheelspin. My guess is they launched the ZR1 in this video with the TC on, which in most cars seems to result in slower times off the line.

It should not surprise anyone that a British show, which are typcially notoriously biased against American cars, would conduct this race in a way to make the British car look better.

Simple fact. ZR1 > AC MkVI lets do one more take with me behind the wheel of the ZR1

Old 08-16-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Who said anything about spinning the tires? Not I.

I probably have more passes then 95% of this board. 700+ to date on 5 different cars. A car with big power, even on street tires can be launched much better then that. Get the rev's up, and slip the clutch. I've driven 700 rwhp Z06's. It can be done with talent.
There was a touch of wheelspin in that video. If the ZR1 was launched any harder the race would have been over before second gear. If the race was run with TC on then the driver deserves a public flogging.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Alex
There was a touch of wheelspin in that video. If the ZR1 was launched any harder the race would have been over before second gear. If the race was run with TC on then the driver deserves a public flogging.
The ZR1 could have been launched harder. It can be done believe me....
That launch looks to me like it was done with the TC on, which is slower then a good driver not using it.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
The ZR1 could have been launched harder. It can be done believe me....
That launch looks to me like it was done with the TC on, which is slower then a good driver not using it.
Im with this guy ^^^^^^^^ That looks identical to what my car would have done with traction control on on a luanch. you have no idea how badly i hated to launch my car and forget to turn off traction control. it is bogging bad till it gets rolling them comes on strong.

the guy in the ZR1 needs to turn it off and re race

Quick Reply: Drag race: Corvette ZR1 v AC Mk6