Notices
Modern Muscle Corvette, Saleen, Ford GT, Mustang, & More Discussion Forum.

zr1 or gallardo sl?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
pinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to all
zr1 or gallardo sl?

Just wanted some opinions... I think I've got my mind made up but what the hey.... Good / Bad for each?

Old 02-28-2009, 10:52 PM
ss7
Teamspeed Pro
ss7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond repute
ZR1 is an awesome machine, but I'd pick SL in a heartbeat!

Old 02-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Depends what you want out of it. If you want a car that turns heads and makes a spectacle, get the SL. If you want a car that's faster than just about anything, and relatively unassuming, get the ZR-1.

Also, if you want something to keep a while for investment value, definitely get the ZR-1.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
A lot of respect for the ZR1, but I'd go with the Superleggera over and over again.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simba
Depends what you want out of it. If you want a car that turns heads and makes a spectacle, get the SL. If you want a car that's faster than just about anything, and relatively unassuming, get the ZR-1.

Also, if you want something to keep a while for investment value, definitely get the ZR-1.
Investment value...you have got to be kidding. Nothing is an investment these days. Check your home value lately. Cars are sinking like rocks. Just look on ebay.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
^^^I'd pretty much have to agree with everything Simba said. Then again, have you considered the Ford GT? You might be able to pick one up for SL money.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:03 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
pinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Simba

You think the zr1 will hold its value more than an sl? I never really thought of them as investments, but a great opportunity has availed itself while I was waiting on the zr1. I'm not crazy about paying over sticker for anything and I'm not about to pay 15k over for the zr1. Particularly in this economic environment.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:06 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Alzilla
^^^I'd pretty much have to agree with everything Simba said. Then again, have you considered the Ford GT? You might be able to pick one up for SL money.
Drove a friends ford when they first came out...... love the car but there are far more cars out there for its "assumed" value right now. Come to think about it, there are a ton of them available now.....wonder what the prices will be when the market hits 5k.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:07 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by JonA85
A lot of respect for the ZR1, but I'd go with the Superleggera over and over again.
Just out of curiosity, why?

Old 03-01-2009, 02:05 AM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pinoyamg
You think the zr1 will hold its value more than an sl?
Certainly. The new Lambos depreciate faster than an Alfa. The SL less so, but I doubt the cars will be worth anything near their purchase price again for a good long while.

The ZR-1 will likely end up increasing in value pretty quickly, as has been the case with the Ford GT.

Quick Reply: zr1 or gallardo sl?