Notices
Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News Ferrari News, Testarossa, F355, 308, & All Other Ferrari's Of Importance.

Ferrari Sets Unofficial Track Record At Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 08:37 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Ferrari Sets Unofficial Track Record At Laguna Seca

Name:  01-ferrari-record-laguna-seca.jpg
Views: 1214
Size:  165.9 KB

Grand finale with the Ferrari Racing Days in Laguna Seca

Unofficial track record for Genè

Maranello, 21 May – This weekend, the Laguna Seca circuit hosted the Ferrari Racing Days, the highlight of which was the Ferrari Challenge North America and track sessions for owners involved in the XX and F1 programmes, with the help of very experienced professional racers like Marc Gene.

During the event, the Spanish driver, at the wheel of the F2003 GA Formula 1 car, set a new track record. As it was set during a free practice session, the record of 1.05.78 is classed as unofficial, beating the time set by Sebastien Bourdais on 10 March 2007 in a Panoz DP01 Champ Car (1.05.88) and Ricardo Zonta's time of 1.06.30, set in a Toyota TF106 F1 car on 20 August 2006.

Sunday saw the final race of this round of the Ferrari Challenge North America, with victory going to Alex Popow, racing for the Fort Lauderdale dealership. He took the flag ahead of Onofrio Triarsi (Ferrari of Central Florida,) in a race which featured an appearance from the Safety Car, that made the outcome far from certain. In the Coppa Shell, Ferrari of Ontario did the double with Robert Herjavac beating team-mate Damon Ockey and Maurizio Scala (Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale.) The fourth round of the Stars and Stripes Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli will take place at the Montreal circuit on 10 June, as part of the Formula 1 Canadian Grand Prix weekend, round 7 of the Championship.

Source [Ferrari]

Name:  03-ferrari-record-laguna-seca.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  162.1 KB

Name:  04-ferrari-record-laguna-seca.jpg
Views: 880
Size:  134.4 KB

Name:  06-ferrari-record-laguna-seca.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  138.2 KB

Name:  08-ferrari-record-laguna-seca.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  179.1 KB

Name:  07-ferrari-record-laguna-seca.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  179.6 KB

Old 05-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond repute
I hope they'll release the gro pro footage!

Old 05-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Marc is an EXTREMELY quick driver. Just wasn't the best racer. He has quite a few track records.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
supertomcat is an unknown quantity at this point
i would love to see a f1 race at laguna seca but since we have the texas round and the n.j round i cant complain. we went from no rounds to one then back to none and now we have two. it would of been nice if laguna seca could of held a round. just think of how it would of looked to see a rb8 or a w03 going through the cork screw.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:40 AM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
I was only a few miles away in Carmel, but gave up the Ferrari weekend at Laguna for time with my sweetheart on the beach. I think I chose wisely.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:49 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ONE2que You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by dante71
I hope they'll release the gro pro footage!
Here's a 1:06 lap by a Toyota F1

Very close to the Ferrari I am sure
Toyota F1 at Laguna Seca - YouTube

Old 05-25-2012, 01:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
That's Barichello's reserve car btw.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
i miss the v10's...