Notices
Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News Ferrari News, Testarossa, F355, 308, & All Other Ferrari's Of Importance.

F355 interior!!

Old 04-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
^ highly doubt that, what makes you say that bro?

i have owned much older mercs and even my CHEVY vette (2000) is in better condition

baring mind that my vette spent MORE than a year in the kuwaiti sun and weather (ran out of garage space, had to park it out in the old home)

Old 04-29-2011, 12:57 AM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
^ highly doubt that, what makes you say that bro
Experience. The dash leather shrinks when people put cheap cleaners on it without any UV protection. The plastic gets sticky when cleaned with alcohol based plastic "shine" products.

I've seen utterly horrible 355 interiors and those that look like they're factory fresh, the difference is the care and feeding of the various materials, as well as UV exposure to a degree.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:11 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck with this boursachi! This is one of my favorite Ferrari's and I'm sure you will get it perfect. I want some pics of that Vette now

Old 04-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simba
Experience. The dash leather shrinks when people put cheap cleaners on it without any UV protection. The plastic gets sticky when cleaned with alcohol based plastic "shine" products.

I've seen utterly horrible 355 interiors and those that look like they're factory fresh, the difference is the care and feeding of the various materials, as well as UV exposure to a degree.
yes i am certain that some interiors are made worse by what is applied to them, but Ferrari have used inferior materials/finishing compared to when -my car specifically- came out.. as a 1999 model
that said, my pics have been taken in the WORST TIME POSSIBLE

now, let me ask you for your opinion
what do you think of getting the ac vents out, refinishing and painting them before putting them back in?
any pointers on how to deal with the plastic

Originally Posted by 65°V12
Good luck with this boursachi! This is one of my favorite Ferrari's and I'm sure you will get it perfect. I want some pics of that Vette now
thanks bro, and yes indeed i am keen on getting this car back in excellent condition.. i am certain it needs more time than expenditure, so hopefully i will find the time needed to tend to its needs
as for the Vette, here it is 84k miles, need to visit the AD to tamper with the ECU because i am getting errors with the ABS/Traction + Column lock

the interior pick is to show how the weather has apparently unglued the glue that this 'leather' tucks over .. which is still 10 times better than the ridiculous ferrari stuff

Attached Images      
Old 04-29-2011, 01:40 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Love it man!

Old 05-04-2011, 04:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
guys, i have been googling for an hr for something like those floor mats, but with yellow embroidery on the logo/name

any leads or help?

Old 05-04-2011, 05:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simba
... the difference is the care and feeding of the various materials, as well as UV exposure to a degree.
Hot damn! I thought I was the only one who fed his dashboard!

We must be brothers!!

Old 05-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boursachi
what do you think of getting the ac vents out, refinishing and painting them before putting them back in?
You can paint them with a clear acrylic if you want them shiny. Alternatively you can remove all of the top coat that turns sticky with denatured alcohol. It will remove the "goo" and not dry out or discolor the plastic. It's somewhat tedious but the results are great.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Barrister
We must be brothers!!
Cool. Now I know who to call to bail me out of jail.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
thanks Simba, that is great info
i will disassemble the tunnel and the ac vents once the car is taken for the f1 pump and clutch

and i will make sure to mention your methods to my interior guy

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F355 interior!!