Notices
Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News Ferrari News, Testarossa, F355, 308, & All Other Ferrari's Of Importance.

Ferrari Themepark in the works?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Ferrari Themepark in the works?

Ferrari May Expand Theme Parks Venture as Abu Dhabi Site Opens to Public - Bloomberg

Ferrari SpA may expand an amusement parks venture after opening the first collection of roller coasters, rides, shops, restaurants and interactive games branded with the Italian supercarmaker’s prancing horse badge.

The Modena, Italy-based carmaker and its partner, Abu Dhabi developer Aldar Properties PJSC, opened Ferrari World, the world’s largest covered theme park, on Nov. 4 in the Persian Gulf emirate. Abu Dhabi is seeking to develop itself as a tourist destination and Ferrari aims to spread its brand to more fans globally, said Michele Pignatti Morano, head of new business for Ferrari.

“We started with a white piece of paper developing this project,” Pignatti Morano said in an interview at an Oct. 27 media preview of the park. “It is a dream come true for us as Ferrari. This is our first one, we may have plans for more.”

The number of visitors to the amusement park on Yas Island in the Gulf sheikhdom during its first weekend wasn’t yet available, according to a spokeswoman. The park boasts what it says is the world’s fastest roller coaster, the Formula Rossa, in which visitors reach speeds of 150 miles (241 kilometers) an hour in a stretched car resembling Ferrari’s Formula One racers.

Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, is set to host its second Formula One race next weekend at a track adjacent to the amusement park. Ties between the emirate and the carmaker extend to sponsorship of the Italian F1 team by state- run investment company Mubadala Development Co., which until last month held a 5 percent stake in the carmaker.

Branding Exercise

Still, for Ferrari, the branding exercise isn’t about flaunting its image to boost sales in the oil-rich region, Pignatti Morano said. With production of models like the California cabriolet and the mid-engine 458 Italia limited, the amusement park aims to bring Ferrari closer to those who can’t afford its cars, he said.

“With this experience we can get them nearer and explain to them more of the brand,” Pignatti Morano told reporters at the media opening. “We’re not doing this to sell more cars.”

Aldar may continue to be a partner in that effort, he said. “If we’re looking at other countries, we will definitely look with them,” he said of partner Aldar.

To contact the reporters on this story: Anthony DiPaola in Dubai at adipaola@bloomberg.net; Zahraa Alkhalisi in Abu Dhabi at zalkhalisi@bloomberg.net

To contact the editors responsible for this story: Stephen Voss on sev@bloomberg.net; Shaji Mathew at shajimathew@bloomberg.net.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
I love Ferrari. I've owned six. I've visited the factory. I follow F1, and root for the team. My kids wear ferrari shirts, hats, and backpacks.

But even I can't imagine that building more of these is a good business idea, or is someplace we would want to visit often. Disney as a regular family destination? Absolutely. Ferrari World? Maybe we would stop by if we happened to be in the neighborhood.

I may be completely wrong, but I just don't get it.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Hasn't this been talked about for a long time now?

Old 11-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
i dont wanna see this happen...no need for it...

Old 11-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Question

With all of these ^^^^^ who needs this

Old 11-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
Not to say I wouldn't love to go to something like this, not sure it's the right thing for the brand.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of light
YouTube - Ferrari's Alonso and Massa ride world's fastest rollercoaster at Ferrari World

Watch Alonso's pocket at 0:25. Whoops

Last edited by DchaMD; 11-30-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
A few more from the opening....

The Guys made it to Dubai

These are from Maydan in Dubai

A 612 goes up in smoke

The ceremony

Old 12-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of light
Looks like no one showed up.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Captain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond repute
I personally think it was overrated...

Quick Reply: Ferrari Themepark in the works?