Notices
Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News Ferrari News, Testarossa, F355, 308, & All Other Ferrari's Of Importance.

Dine & Drive: Patrick Dempsey, Garth Stein, Don Kitch, etc

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Dine & Drive: Patrick Dempsey, Garth Stein, Don Kitch, etc

I recently had the opportunity to go to the Dine & Drive event thanks to the generosity of Motoring Unlimited, a local shop in the area. This event was being held for Team Seattle to raise funds so they could compete once again in the Lemans 24 hour event using Ferraris this year. They also held this charity event in collaboration with Dempsey Racing at the local racetrack, Pacific Raceway here in Washington. Everyone who attended were given a 3 lap ride in pair of Ferrari 599 HGTEs and another pair of California generously donated by Ferrari of North America for this event. Afterwards we had dinner where Don Kitch of ProFormance Racing spoke of his need for funds this year followed by Patrick Dempsey who spoke of his organization and what they did for cancer research for children across America. It was truly an inspiring event for all that attended. I had a great time especially riding with Joe, one of the drivers for from Dempsey Racing. Garth Stein, author of mone of my favorite novels, "The Art of Racing in the Rain" was also present too. Everyone picked up his autographed novel as well as a autographed group picture of all of us at this event too.

Patrick Dempsey was driving this one

A nice matched pair

One of two

Our dinner presentation was held here

Checking everyone in

Stunning in tDF blue!

The brakes were literally smoking every time the 599s came back in

My turn next!

I was ready!

Ready to go

I was impressed how well the 599s did despite its size

Everyone was all smiles after their hot laps

From what I hear, Patrick was a great driver

Every time Patrick came in, someone (including me) would snap pictures of him

Trying to stay dry

At speed

A matched pair

A bag of goodies for everyone

Getting together for the group picture

Me and Patrick

Last edited by atomic80; 05-17-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Patrick's autograph on the back of someone's jacket

Patrick sharing some of his tales

Gorgeous in silver

Red and red and red

Me with Garth Stein who interestingly pointed out that it took him about 10 years to write his novel

Patrick Dempsey and team signing the group picture for everyone

H20skier brought his Scuderia too

Patrick was very happy to pose with H20skier and his wife next to the Scuderia

8C and 599

Did you think I'd forget to share the video. Don't mind my shocked expression somewhere in there. I was having fun!
Hot Lap ride in the 599!

Last edited by atomic80; 05-17-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Nice pics.

H20 - your stripe and rims need to be done in gold, pronto.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a great event! That TDF 599 just about made me JIMP! I love it!

Patrick Dempsey seems like a great guy.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
2010 Porsche 911t 4s is an unknown quantity at this point
very nice thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:55 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Love that track, just how they used to be. No barriers, just grass and trees.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:17 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
The 599HGTE is unbelievably sexy, those oem rims and the lowered ride height are the icing on the cake for the 599.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:39 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
Nice pics.

H20 - your stripe and rims need to be done in gold, pronto.
no gold for me on anything sorry....I'll leave that for donald trump.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like an awesome even and an even better time!

Old 05-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
fun fun fun

Quick Reply: Dine & Drive: Patrick Dempsey, Garth Stein, Don Kitch, etc