Notices
Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News Ferrari News, Testarossa, F355, 308, & All Other Ferrari's Of Importance.

Just added a 93 Ferrari 348ts Speciale to my stable...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats

Old 04-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by daedalus
Congrats on the purchase! What makes the special special?
Speciale's are x of 100 built.

"The car was limited to 100 examples (12 '92 models, and 88 '93 models) and was only sold in North America. The differences between the Serie Speciale and earlier 348s were as follows:

The front spoiler was redesigned for aerodynamics, now having a little reverse curve ahead of the front wheels, as well as a lip along the front edge that could be replaced after the inevitable ground scrapes became unsightly.

This spoiler was now body-colored, as was the rear skirt, rocker panels and front portion of the engine cover (all were matte black on older models). This is sometimes referred to "Speciale paint" in ads for older cars that have been repainted in this scheme.

The front grill was redesigned, and a chrome prancing horse was added where there was no horse on the front of earlier cars (a front license plate holder had occupied this space). The black horse on the rear grill of earlier models was changed to chrome, and, for what is probably the most distinguishing external feature of the 348 SS, the Testarossa-like slats covering the taillight assemblies were removed.

In the interior, the standard Frau seats were replaced with leather-covered Kevlar sports seats (although some customers specified the standard seats). The door panels were also redesigned and now in leather. The color of the leather on the doors and seats was coordinated with the carpet and roof liner. On the center console radio cover, the script that said "348 tb" (or ts) on the older cars was replaced by a small plate that read "Speciale tb" or "Speciale ts." There was also a special ID plate on the passenger door-post that listed the number in the series (i.e. No. 019 of 100) along with the engine and chassis s/n and the ts or tb designation.

Pirelli P-Zero's tires were fitted all around, in place of the P700Z's or Bridgestone RE71's found on earlier cars. The rear track was widened by 50mm from 1578mm to 1628mm by adding 25mm of offset to each wheel, and the final drive was shortened from 26/27 on the earlier cars to 25/29 on the SS. A taller fifth gear was fitted (early cars having p/n 70000592), to maintain top speed with the new lower main gear installed.

The SS had a new free-flow exhaust system credited with the car's quoted increase to 312 bhp (sometimes quoted as 320) from 300 bhp in the '89-'92 models. This is often called the "Spider exhaust" but it actually made its first appearance on the Speciale."

Old 04-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Scott I always like your choices but the 348, 355 & TR series are by far the worst looking F Cars ever made, that being said nice pickup anyway LOL always cool stuff in your garage.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Scott is like Bizzaro Jamie...LOL

Old 04-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
I spend some time with a 348, I miss it!

Enjoy it!

Old 04-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
I like it....Congrats bro!

Old 04-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marc
Scott I always like your choices but the 348, 355 & TR series are by far the worst looking F Cars ever made, that being said nice pickup anyway LOL always cool stuff in your garage.
Many say the 355 is the best looking of all Ferraris, so... and I find the 360 and newer Ferraris to be, in general, bulbous and ugly.

But, we'll see how much I like the 348 after I own it for a while. Should be here next week.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Raz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice pickup. I like the looks of the 348. And I'm with the people who say the 355 is one of the best looking modern Ferrari's. I also love the looks of the TR/Testarossa...it was one of my favorite cars as a kid.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on your new 348!

Old 04-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
It's here...

Attached Images           

Quick Reply: Just added a 93 Ferrari 348ts Speciale to my stable...