Notices
Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News Ferrari News, Testarossa, F355, 308, & All Other Ferrari's Of Importance.

Ferrari 250 SWB

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 04:02 AM
BSM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really nice
Damn! That ^^^ is nice...

This one below is one of my fav 250 SWB's... belongs to Bruce Meyer (pictured in yellow polo), was featured in Forza Mag a few months back.

Ferrari 250GT Berlinetta SWB

Old 03-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Top Banana will become famous soon enoughTop Banana will become famous soon enoughTop Banana will become famous soon enoughTop Banana will become famous soon enoughTop Banana will become famous soon enoughTop Banana will become famous soon enoughTop Banana will become famous soon enoughTop Banana will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MTK
sold it! 2M
I grew up in Rhode Island and a friend of mine was very fortunate to be able to afford to race sports cars back in the 60's. He talked his dad into buying him a 250SWB. After a few outings, he wrecked it and went out and bought another one. He raced that second one for a couple of years and at this point I'll finish the story the way he tells it........

Yeah, I had a 250 SWB that I raced back in the 60's and after I beat it up, I found some guy in Connecticut who was going to give me $5,000 for the thing. Obviously he didn't know how much I had raced it or what it was worth.

Well years later, I am out in California at a concours and here is this little 250SWB sitting there all pretty, you know. Anyway, I look the car over real good and I begin to realize that this is my old race car. I strike up a conversation with the owner trying to find out more history on the car.

Here is what he told me.....I always wanted one of these and I finally found this one in a barn in Connecticut. The owner didn't really know the value of the car or realize that it had race history, so I was able to buy it for only $500,000.

True story.