Notices
Modern Day Classics & Ferrari General News Ferrari News, Testarossa, F355, 308, & All Other Ferrari's Of Importance.

Ferrari announces free roadside assistance for all out-of-warranty cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 12:23 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Ferrari announces free roadside assistance for all out-of-warranty cars

Most of us love Ferraris, but let's face it – until about the past decade, the machines from Maranello weren't exactly renowned for great long-term reliability. Buying an older Ferrari (or Lamborghini, Maserati or just about any other Italian exotic for that matter) has always been something of a roll of the dice. Ferrari is now attempting to come to the rescue with a new Roadside Assistance service.

Starting in Italy and then spreading through the rest of Europe, the program will be free for at least 12 months on any Ferrari built since 1947 that isn't covered by a current warranty. Besides the usual towing services, this plan will cover any expenses required to get home or to a hotel and get your car to an authorized service facility.

So far there is no word on whether the program will be expanded to the U.S. market or how much it will cost after that first 12 months is up.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
That's a nice gesture from Ferrari. I wonder what their motivation was to put this into place.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
That's a nice gesture from Ferrari. I wonder what their motivation was to put this into place.
Other than the fact that it costs you about $5k every time your car even touches the soil on which the shop stands you mean?

Pretty smart trick to make sure that out of warranty cars won't end up being repaired by other shops than your own authorized ones I'd say.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:51 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
^^^

Yeah and the " oh yeah, you'll need a new XXX as well, that'll be $$$ "

Old 07-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
huh, so how do they plan on doing this? If I buy a 308 from a private buyer, i automatically get the 12 month thing (assuming it comes to the US)

Old 07-31-2009, 01:44 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Ghayim is a name known to allGhayim is a name known to allGhayim is a name known to allGhayim is a name known to allGhayim is a name known to allGhayim is a name known to allGhayim is a name known to allGhayim is a name known to allGhayim is a name known to allGhayim is a name known to allGhayim is a name known to all
Hi guys,

Here is a little insight. The plan on the US roll out is not complete let alone released to the public. But i believe the plan is that the roadside is offered if the car is sold by an authorized dealer in connection with the CPO Program. The idea is to keep better tabs on what cars are out there in the market. To bring the cars to the authorized dealer for service is really no benefit to the manufacturer because they do not take part in the profits (other than the parts.. which Ferrari assumes that independent is buying the parts anyway). The purpose is to better the brand and enhance the value in the name. I for one hope they roll it out here but i admit that as a dealer I may be aligned in that thinking. I hope all customers get the service they deserve after buying such a wonderful brand.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:53 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the heads up buddy.