Notices
Midwest (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in IA, IL, IN, MI, MO, OH, WI, and WV

Minneapolis MN Cars & Cafe, Saturday October 3rd 8am-11am, Kart track day afterward

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
Minneapolis MN Cars & Cafe, Saturday October 3rd 8am-11am, Kart track day afterward

Hey Guys,

It's that time of the month again. Last month we had another record 450+ car turnout. By 9:15am the lot was full. This year has been a blast, if weather permits, we will do 1 last event on November 7th, but it will definately be cold and not as nice as October.

Parking Map:

Keeping with tradition, this month we have another very special event planned after the C&C.
The folks at Stockholm Motorsports Park in Cokato MN (Thanks Craig) Stockholm Motorsports Park Online , along with our Host the Minneapolis AutoMortorplex (Thanks Bruno) and Tyler and I have put together a great package ($120+ Value) for the first 42 people who sign up. (This event will be limited to 42 people so that we can all get enough track time).
We will be leaving the Motorplex property at 11am sharp and caravaning out to Stockholm.

Here are the details:

Please join us at the Second Annual Cars and Cafe Grand Prix, held on Saturday, October 3rd from 1pm-4pm, at Stockholm Motorsports Park, in Cokato, MN. The 14 turn road course (see attached map) is 0.7 miles long and has some nice elevation changes as well.

Let's finish off the summer with some driving on a nice track.

Details:
The cost will be $55/driver.
Up to 42 participants. (As of 9/20/09 we are completely booked, But I am taking 10 extra people just in case somebody currently on the list backs out. Last time we had a few back out and it worked out great)
Drivers will be weighed and their karts will be weighted down so there is no weight advantage/disadvantage.
Drivers will initially be randomly divided into 3 groups of 12. After qualifying, the fastest third will be in group 1, next third in group 2, and bottom third will be in group 3 so everyone can race against drivers of similar ability.
Helmets and driving suits will be provided.
Will be run rain or shine.

Format:
10 minute practice session
10 minute qualifying session
10 minute race 1
10 minute race 2

Please e-mail me if you have any questions.
Space is limited - please let me know if you are interested. I hope you can join us!

Please note that our event is from 8-11am. Parking is first come first serve. If you show up at 10:45, the lot is more than likely going to be full and you will be asked to park in general parking.
Unless you are looking to get this event shut down, please keep the burnouts and hard launches for the track.

Time and Location:
The event is from 8am-11am
The location is the Minneapolis AutoMotorplex located at:
1740 Motorplex Ct. Chanhassen MN
Please check out the Motorplex’s website for map and other details: AutoMotorPlex - MPLS
For people traveling east of 494 we would encourage you to take the Crosstown (62) extension (HWY 5) the where it becomes 212, exit on Powers Blvd (Which is 1 exit past 101) go right, drive approx 500 ft and turn left on Lyman (at the light) travel approximately 1 mile, turn right on Audubon and we will be 1.1 mile on the left.

Please mark your calendars with the following dates:

November 7th (Weather permitting)

Pics from last month: (Thanks Alex)

Picasa Web Albums - Alex - Cars & Cafe 9...

See you guys on the 3rd!

Old 09-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be there as usual. I hope the new calender will be ready by then.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Teamspeed Member
HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I'll be there as usual. I hope the new calender will be ready by then.
Calendar? what calendar

Old 10-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HIRISC
Calendar? what calendar
Good to see you over here! You're gonna get one of the first ones hot off the presses, right? I saw the first printed copy tonight and it looks FANTASTIC!!!!

Old 10-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Teamspeed Member
HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Hey Alex. Thanks.. I guess I'm the last one over from the 6.

Cool - can't wait to see it.. Your pics always rock.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by HIRISC
Hey Alex. Thanks.. I guess I'm the last one over from the 6.

Cool - can't wait to see it.. Your pics always rock.
to the Team, btw. You're certainly not the first person to make the switch from the 6, but I doubt you'll be the last. We need to get AtomicZ and Doug over here still.

Thanks for showing up and letting us use your car in the shoot. I'll see you on Sat.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Alzilla
to the Team, btw. You're certainly not the first person to make the switch from the 6, but I doubt you'll be the last. We need to get AtomicZ and Doug over here still.

Thanks for showing up and letting us use your car in the shoot. I'll see you on Sat.
Happy to have them in.

Won't be at CandC this month. Out of town. Hopefully in November.

Have fun.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Crappy weather (high-40's and raining) so the turnout was pretty low, but it was still fun to see everyone who braved the elements and came out.

Here are some pics:

Old 10-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
more...

Old 10-05-2009, 12:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro

More pics from the event can be seen here:

Cars & Cafe 10-3-09 (67)

Quick Reply: Minneapolis MN Cars & Cafe, Saturday October 3rd 8am-11am, Kart track day afterward