Notices

Thanks for the India forum !

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the India forum !

much appreciated !

Attached Images   
Old 03-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ipohopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool... Now I don't feel like an outsider!

Old 03-22-2008, 02:42 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
mr2guysingh is an unknown quantity at this point
My parents are in India right now, they're not going to be back till May. I sure do miss my Moms cooking

Old 03-22-2008, 08:06 AM
BSM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really nice
Cool - glad this was added! I just got back yesterday from 2 weeks in India/China.

Here's a sneak peak... Lambo sitting in the parking lot of the Taj Mahal Palace hotel in Mumbai. Assuming belongs to owner of Zapp! given the decals... big wedding taking place at the hotel, parking lot filled w/ Merc's, Bentley's, etc

Nice cars becoming more prevalent in India these days, but I still did a double-take when I saw this one.

(sorry for bad photos, was in hurry to catch a flight)

Old 03-24-2008, 12:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Raz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice..so this is where all the desi's hangout?

Old 03-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
SideLLS is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice forum, now only if Pakistani's had their own. lol how about we just call it a Desi Forum... Anyways, name is Ahsan Guys, but you can call me Side though.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:50 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
No prob Jas, I aim to please!

Old 03-25-2008, 12:01 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Lots of Indian ballers in my neighborhood with nice cars here in ATL. Anyone of you guys here at TS?

Old 03-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute
Ok guys, at the risk of sounding like an idiot I'm going to throw this out there. I just rented a house to a VERY nice Indian couple. Anyways.... Their move in date is April 1st but I let them move some small stuff in early. Last night I went to unhook the refrigerator from the water line and came home.

The second I opened the garage there was a very strong smell of spices. I went in the house and there was the same smell. On the kitchen counter there was a brown bag with some things that looked like almonds. This was clearly where the smell was coming from. When I say strong, I mean STRONG. I spent 15 mins there tops and didn't touch anything but the door handles and the water line but my hand had that smell on it for FOUR HOURS after I got home. I washed them 3-4x and it wouldn't go away.

Now my question is. What is this? Cooking spices? Some kind of housewarming thing? I'm really worried that I won't get the smell out after their lease is up and that will make the house unrentable in the future. I had Indian friends in high school/college and have worked with many Indian doctors but their houses don't smell like this. I LOVE Indian food and I enjoy curry more than you could imagine but this is something on another level and I don't think it's curry. Any info guys?

Last edited by 2thfixr; 03-25-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Ok guys, at the risk of sounding like an idiot I'm going to throw this out there. I just rented a house to a VERY nice Indian couple. Anyways.... Their move in date is April 1st but I let them move some small stuff in early. Last night I went to unhook the refrigerator from the water line and came home.

The second I opened the garage there was a very strong smell of spices. I went in the house and there was the same smell. On the kitchen counter there was a brown bag with some things that looked like almonds. This was clearly where the smell was coming from. When I say strong, I mean STRONG. I spent 15 mins there tops and didn't touch anything but the door handles and the water line but my hand had that smell on it for FOUR HOURS after I got home. I washed them 3-4x and it wouldn't go away.

Now my question is. What is this? Cooking spices? Some kind of housewarming thing? I'm really worried that I won't get the smell out after their lease is up and that will make the house unrentable in the future. I had Indian friends in high school/college and have worked with many Indian doctors but their houses don't smell like this. I LOVE Indian food and I enjoy curry more than you could imagine but this is something on another level and I don't think it's curry. Any info guys?

Are you sure it wasn't a "parting" gift from a disgruntled previous tenant ?

Quick Reply: Thanks for the India forum !