Notices
Mid-Atlantic (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in DC, DE, MD, NC, SC, and VA

Cars and Coffee Meet

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
cotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant future
Thanks for sharing! I'll most likely be able to go next weekend.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Hopefully I can go next weekend, the weather might be better too. I want to get some more shots with the new lens. To me the quality of the pics look better, plus I need the practice.

I'm already thinking about what lens to get next....lol, Steve's addiction seems to be rubbing off on me.

Any suggestions Steve?

Old 02-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
This is my favorite of the bunch. I like how you can see the line-up of other cars in the reflection. When I was taking the picture I didnt even think about this, it's just neat what you happen to capture.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
That's an awesome picture, Justin, as all of them are. Looks like that 50 is pretty sweet! I love that too, going back to shots and finding details and things you didn't initially notice.

As far as lenses, I don't know much about what your brand offers - my dad uses Sony a lot for NEX/NXCAM video and he really loves that quality and functionality. And it all depends on what you want to shoot mostly. The "bug" you're getting is noticing that good glass really makes a big difference!

Here's a good place to start: Best Sony Lens and how to choose your next one | Cameralabs

and this is Sony's version of the lens I was using yesterday: Sony SAL-2470Z 24-70mm f/2.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar SAL2470Z

Among all brands there are "comparable" lenses, as far as focal lengths and max apertures. In general, you want a low ap #. That will afford you more light versatility (the lens can open a lot wider) and therefore speed. That's one reason they cost a bit more - they can do a lot more.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Awesome, thanks

Old 03-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
cotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant futurecotmfk has a brilliant future
I'm hoping to go this weekend - weather permitting.

Also, there is going to be a new C&C in Hunt Valley MD (just outside Baltimore) starting on 3/31. I'm planning on going to the inaugural one of that. People are welcome to join me as I'm going to be cruising over there from Tyson's 2 @ 6:30 AM sharp. Should be a fun cruise and a good event.

I plan on going to the Great Falls one regularly, though, but thought it would be fun to see some different cars for a weekend.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Charles, I'm hoping to make it this weekend. I'd definately be interested in meeting you for the MD one too. I'll see what's going on that weekend and hopefully I can meet you at Tysons.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I am definitely going tomorrow morning.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Charles, we are meeting at 7-11 at 6:45. I think Steve is planning on bringing Cayman Diver from the old Evo days.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Oh man... I would love to go - maybe next weekend. I'm going gun shopping tomorrow morning!

Quick Reply: Cars and Coffee Meet