Notices
Mid-Atlantic (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in DC, DE, MD, NC, SC, and VA

Fun Run to Gettysburg 07/12

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Fun Run to Gettysburg 07/12

got this in the mail from Ken, I am going in case anybody else is interested. The car show is the British Invasion.

Hello All,

This Sunday we are having a special tour to the car show in Gettysburg. The tours to Gettysburg are some of the best tours I put together with very scenic roads, lots of twists and turns and plenty to do and see when you arrive. This is not a drive and dine, since there is no pre-arranged food when we arrive. There will be lots of places to eat, plenty of cars to drool over and plenty of places to shop if that’s your thing.

See the details below:

Fun Run to Gettysburg
Sunday, July 12
Meet: 7:00 - 8:00am Depart: 8:30am

Details: We will meet at the Starbucks in Mt. Airy, MD (directions below) and drive an exciting and challenging route to the car show in Gettysburg. The show is at the Gettysburg Outlets so there are plenty of places to eat not to mention excellent shopping (something for the better half to enjoy). This is one of my favorite routes with lots of twisties for us to enjoy.

Cost: The event is free unless you want to enter your car or you go wild in the outlet stores!!!

RSVP: Appreciated but not necessary, you can just show up and join in on the fun. RSVP to: bull_30@verizon.net

The weather is supposed to be fantastic, so let's make this a GREAT showing... Gina and I look forward to see everyone on July 12th at the meeting place...

Directions to Starbucks in Mt. Airy:

From RT 270 DC Area:
Get off RT 270 at Exit 16A which is Father Hurley Blvd/RT 27 Mt. Airy exit… At the end of the exit ramp bear RIGHT on Father Hurley Blvd / RT 27 and continue thru Damascus past I-70 then continue to the 2nd light… You will see STARBUCKS on the left… Turn left at either of the 2 lights and continue into shopping center… We are meeting in the parking lot…

From RT 70 Frederick Area:
Get off RT 70 at Exit 68 which is RT 27 Mt. Airy exit… At the light at the end of the exit ramp turn left on RT 27 and continue to the 2nd light… You will see STARBUCKS on the left… Turn left at either of the 2 lights and continue into shopping center… We are meeting in the parking lot…

From RT 70 Baltimore Area:
Get off RT 70 at Exit 68 which is RT 27 Mt. Airy exit… At the light at the end of the exit ramp turn right on RT 27 and continue to the next light… You will see STARBUCKS on the left… Turn left at either of the 2 lights and continue into shopping center… We are meeting in the parking lot…

From other areas: Use your GPS or favorite online mapping program and head to address…

STARBUCKS
Mount Airy Shopping Center
400 Ridgeville Blvd
Mount Airy, MD 21771
301-829-6391

We hope you can make it…

Ken & Gina

Euro Sports Car Club #1

Tigers East / Alpines East #11

Lotus Challenge Series #030

(240)723-5066

Old 07-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like fun, wish I could make it.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Thought I post a few shost from today. Turned out was about 20 cars, mostly Lotus and P-cars.

Meeting up

On the way

Arrived

Some shots from the British invasion car show: