Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

New 2013 12c Spider customized

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 11:50 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enough
New 2013 12c Spider customized

Picked up this new 2013, dealer wanted to make great deal and make room for 2014's. The car is superb, love the spider.

My preference, I like the appearance of the 12c over the 650s. The P1 front end doesn't flow well on the 650/12ca body in my opinion. Anyway, as soon as I acquired my 12c, the modifications started.

To date, here are the mods.

1. Evoms (Evolution Motorsports) ecu upgrade, power now rated at 659p hp and 552 lb/ft or
torque. They have the dynes to proved it. Off the line and mid range noticeable difference,
accelerates like a rocket. Noticed the power difference big time.
2. Customer 3- piece wheels, hollow forged to save weight. Dimensions: front 9 X 20 (with
245/30/20 tires), rears 12.5 X 21 (with 325/25/21 tires). Powder coated satin black.
3. Euro side markers, smoked. Hid the stock ones (plugged in and covered) inside fender
wells so the warning light won't go off on the dash. Euro side markers have to no lamps
4. Blacked out the rear diffuser red reflectors.
5. Tinted windors, and clear bra almost the whole car, except the doors.
6. Installed DMC "Velocita" body kit. But without the vertical slats on the fromt grill. Opens up
the carbon in the front grill, and makes the huge intakes visible (my preference). Besides
the carbon fiber grill, the kit includes the huge GT3 style front diffuser, the side skirt wings
that match the shape of the side turning vents on the 12c, and also the rear carbon fiber
diffuser (this is much more aggressive than the stock offering as it sticks out further and
has the blades).

The increase in front end down force with the new diffuser is noticeable, the car feels more planted. If anyone is interested in the DMC kit, I have a connection (I live in northern California) who is offering the kit installed for a great price.

hope you like the pictures. J

Attached Images       
Old 05-26-2014, 12:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
KENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that looks awesome!!

Old 05-26-2014, 04:42 AM
Teamspeed Member
j03chu is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow. Worlds better than 650...

How it should have came and not butcher the P1... Great job OP

Old 05-26-2014, 05:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
^ what he said! i think the front bumper is too busy though, may i ask why u didn't go with the mso front bumper? i love that bumper, vented slats are very cool too. love the car though! enjoy it!!

D

Old 05-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
That front bumper is way too aggressive IMO sorry and you forgot last step loose 100k in depreciation ! LOL Either way nice transformation but I always prefer stock cars

Old 05-26-2014, 10:34 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marc
That front bumper is way too aggressive IMO sorry and you forgot last step loose 100k in depreciation ! LOL Either way nice transformation but I always prefer stock cars
Got to agree with M, killer depreciation. My partner got 60K off MSRP on a new one last fall. Once the new 650 hits... call me.

And I do like the mods. Looks great. Just going to be 'spensive.

Last edited by Brobbins016; 05-26-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:24 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enoughJeffRB will become famous soon enough
Thank you for the compliments. I actually was able to get the price on the car discounted by $80k, and it was new. So not so bad. Most exotics do depreciate and 12c's have certainly taken a hit. But the Mac is a great car. It offers incredible performance, ride comfort, and I just love the lines of the car. The quality is superb, the spider is a blast.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:50 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JeffRB
Thank you for the compliments. I actually was able to get the price on the car discounted by $80k, and it was new. So not so bad. Most exotics do depreciate and 12c's have certainly taken a hit. But the Mac is a great car. It offers incredible performance, ride comfort, and I just love the lines of the car. The quality is superb, the spider is a blast.
80k is a nice discount! And yes the car is superb in many senses ! Behind my 458 this would be my next choice in an exotic sub 300k, I just like my 458 a bit better from the sounds and being NA.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
huangester is an unknown quantity at this point
The front looks fantastic!! Awsome!!!

Old 06-03-2014, 01:39 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Thank you for the compliment. It looks even better in person and better proportioned. The front spoiler is very aggressive.

Quick Reply: New 2013 12c Spider customized