Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

McLaren reveals the 650S ahead of Geneva

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 04:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow New McLaren 650S supercar revealed

Old 02-17-2014, 08:11 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
vcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura aboutvcruiser has a spectacular aura about
It's growing on me!

I think they should've updated the rear and just called it the New MP4-12C

I'm still happy with my mods on my car!

Old 02-17-2014, 08:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
Why would you bring significant design elements from the P1 to your lower end model? The P1 is meant to be entirely exclusive and this feels like dilution.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
It actually looks really good in the video. The pictures don't do it any justice.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:17 PM
Teamspeed Member
-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all
I don't understand this company's strategy... wouldn't be surprised if they're not producing cars in 5-10 years.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by joshg120
Why would you bring significant design elements from the P1 to your lower end model? The P1 is meant to be entirely exclusive and this feels like dilution.
Agree completely.

Honestly I'm having a hard time with this one, what's the point? Doesn't the 12C already make something like 620 horsepower? How much of a premium can you charge for a P1 nose and 30 horses? Why would you pay it?

Instead of the entry level car they spent time on this. It recalls the Aston Martin Virage, and we see how long that lasted.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
The legend says that 9 months ago the #McLaren P1 and 12C had a fiery night.. then the #650S came to the light.

(This is from Marchettino's FB page and is perfectly represents the views and opinions i have about this car)

Attached Images  
Old 02-18-2014, 05:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
WindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by joshg120
This. I don't get why would you do that. The P1 must be kept unique and exclusive!!
I like the new car, though. However, the normal 12C looks miles better to me.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:35 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
BOBBY is on a distinguished roadBOBBY is on a distinguished roadBOBBY is on a distinguished roadBOBBY is on a distinguished road
I'm still not getting why they re-did the front end, but did nothing with the rear.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, if they gave it P1 type headlights they should've given it a P1 inspired rear. I still like it though, just not feeling the color.

Quick Reply: McLaren reveals the 650S ahead of Geneva