Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

McLaren P1 vs. the Nürburgring-Nordschleife

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
You are spot on Zeus.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:59 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
dkp993 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have it on good authority that the P1 can float and spit unicorns from it's tailpipe. But that's all I can say.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
Hey, no biggie. I was just sharing the information I've learned the other day hoping that it would be helpful to who worries about it. But due to respect to the guy who told me that, I don't feel right to tell the exact time. It's not that I try to be a big shot here, I've found about it by coincidence really. I also agree to some points you've made above, but that situation is not fault of McLaren's or any other big brand's alone. Porsche was open but that is cause we all know that 918 is not the car to compete the P1 and LaFerrari, in terms of 'Ring (or any other tracks we can say) performance times. These two are in a different league of their own and believe me at least P1 has the 'Ring time to prove that. I also wonder what LaFerrari did.

Originally Posted by Zeus
So, what then can you add exactly? I'm not attacking you personally Salihbjk, so apologies in advance.

But that is the same type of statement made 300 times a day on the internet about this car. Everybody on the "inside" knows exactly how fast this car is; yet every car enthusiast or possible future McLaren buyer is made to eat crow until when exactly? Oh, releasing numbers are a "risk" now. “It doesn’t matter to anyone except those who will own the P1.” others have mentioned. Bollocks! What about ‘future’ owners of the brand? Does the company’s reputation matter now, or are we all in it for the quick buck?

McLaren can suck it and it's 'Ring time. How long has the car been out now and not a single independent number has been confirmed by a 3rd party source? McLaren can bulls**t the rest of the world into believing the performance was all about the Nurburgring, yet so many other racetracks exist. Safer ones too. Oh...it's winter. Right. There are only racetracks and roads in the northern hemisphere... They’re worried Ferrari will one-up them down the road. It goes round and round.

No journalist has driven the car without a McLaren employee sitting in the passenger seat, and not a single 3rd party entity has been given the car thus far with the exception of Top Gear. And their numbers are where? Not EVO, AmS, CAR magazine, no American car mag, no Austrailian car mag, not a single drive by Chris Harris or any other reputable journo, nothing.

We’ve heard it all now:
‘Ring times way under 6:57, 9.8 @ 152mph quarter mile times, 0-186mph in 16.5, 3.9 G’s in the corners, stability at speed unrivaled by GT3 race cars, braking better than any other road car in history, the list goes on… Care to test that last claim against a 991 GT3 with PCCB’s? Think you’ll ever see a P1 vs GT3 vs C7 ZO6 vs GTR vs LaF vs 918 vs Viper vs ? at the 2014 Motor Trend driver’s car of the year? Keep dreaming.

McLaren claims that ‘Ring times are dangerous, unofficial and open to cheating. They are right of course. But why not take the higher road here? Release the car. A customer spec car. Not a Ferrari press car. Give it to the journos to test. Tell them to get real world numbers on the car. Hell, tell them to go out and try to break the car if they can – show them and us that they are confident in their creation.

Porsche essentially builds a car, for good or bad, and in due time tosses the keys to the motoring world and asks, "How'd we do?" McLaren, Ferrari, Nissan, et al build one-offs, bring teams of engineers and sometimes multiple cars along with them to 3rd party tests under threats and then hide behind their history while misdirecting and obfuscating their own accomplishments behind walls and changing politics.

Last edited by salihbjk; 01-10-2014 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:40 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wait01
Porsche has been very open with the 918.
Porsche have needed to as they are still trying to fill their order book, with the plan to build over 900 cars. The other two manufacturers in this game have less need for secondary marketing as they have deposits/buyers for all the cars they will build. Applaud Porsche all you want for their perceived transparency but this is business, plain and simple.

I hope the P1 lap time and corresponding proof is shared publicly at some point - especially the full on-board video as that would clearly offer some good viewing based on the teaser we received. It's not a simple game these manufacturers are playing though and there's very little in the way of objectivity - at least not as much as one would like there to be - and there is definitely some risk involved with a lap time war in cars that perform at the level of this trio. I think McLaren's decision to end the war before it began was smart - they just look a bit foolish in the eyes of some because of their earlier statements that primed the audience for more than we were given.

>8^)
ER

Old 01-11-2014, 12:59 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
boyko23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Salih,
Did your source missed to tell you that McLaren achieved only very good sector times, but not completed lap to match 918???

This statement about the different league is just embarassing, haha

Old 01-11-2014, 03:04 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
That is an incorrect assumption boyko.

>8^)
ER

Old 01-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
Do you really believe what you say buddy? I'd be more careful and logical about the information I got before coming strong like this.

Originally Posted by boyko23
Salih,
Did your source missed to tell you that McLaren achieved only very good sector times, but not completed lap to match 918???

This statement about the different league is just embarassing, haha

Old 01-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
What's most amazing to me is that there's a whole mess of people who were on hand who know the time, as well as an ever-increasing number who proclaim to know the time, and yet no one has let it slip.

No secret in this business stays protected this long. McLaren must have some pretty scary guys working their security detail.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:18 AM
McLaren Fanatic
One interview has given away the details - you have to read between the lines a bit, but the truth is out there.

>8^)
ER

Old 01-15-2014, 08:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
link?

Quick Reply: McLaren P1 vs. the Nürburgring-Nordschleife