Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

Mclaren Confirms The P1 Is Sold Out

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 01:11 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Mclaren Confirms The P1 Is Sold Out

Name:  73364-a-mclar.jpg
Views: 1795
Size:  172.3 KB

Mclaren Confirms The P1 Is Sold Out

McLaren confirmed today that all 375 P1's are spoken for. We are told there is a waiting list you can add your name to in the case someone drops out of their order.

It seems 375 buyers could care less about Nurburgring lap time PR fiasco and more about what's really important - cutting edge hypercar performance and technology, plus exclusivity the P1 delivers. Autocar notes roughly 75 per cent of P1 customers have opted for some level of unique design from McLaren Special Operations, pushing the average sale price of a P1 above £1 million.

We hear the Porsche 918 Spyder is still not sold out so you still have a chance to lock up a spot if that fits the bill for you.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Anyone want to bet on what inflated prices we will see on the second-hand market?

Old 11-13-2013, 05:43 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Great for Mclaren..

About second hand market..it will inflate initially..lets see where it ends..
You can pick up Mp4s at a decent price..

I don't think it will have that F1 inflation..

PS
No wonder the porsche isn't sold out yet..they are making about 3 times more the order book should be around 3-400 if not more by now..

Old 11-13-2013, 07:39 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Diggz92 is an unknown quantity at this point
We won't see F1 prices till it reaches a decade or more same for the laferrari

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Old 11-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Diggz92

Agree. It took 8-10yrs for the F1 to accelerate its appreciation.

An the mp4 cannot be compared for what prices did. That's like saying a 360 tanked in value and the Enzo will too. The McLaren flagship car will not drop in value at all ever IMO. People buying at msrp will all make money

Old 11-13-2013, 08:50 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quickZohsix
From the end of production in 1998 it was less that that - the uptick in prices really began in less than 5 years time frame. Over the 10 years since 2003, especially in the last 2 or 3 years, prices have truly skyrocketed. In addition to all the accolades, one of the key contributors that got prices moving originally was the implementation of the 'Show or Display' provision in the USA back in 1999 - a market that except in rare instances was largely untapped when the cars were actually for sale. It took a while for that activity to pick up, but presently there are more than two dozen F1s in the USA.

I would never suggest we will see the same value curve for the P1 as there are factors with the F1 that were not and probably will not be duplicated in comparison to it. The big benefit for P1 owners and their future values was McLaren's decision to limit production to just 375 units. If they continue to develop the systems on the car and supply updates either for free or at cost to owners over time, that will also help keep them relevant.

>8^)
ER

Old 11-13-2013, 09:31 PM
Teamspeed Member
ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Dammit! And I was just on my way to the dealer to order one… lol

No but seriously, the P1 is the most beautiful car ever created. Yeah I said it.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:18 PM
Banned
WHITE997ttRS is infamous around these partsWHITE997ttRS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Diggz92

P1 is a $500K car at best. It's the road legal GT3 race car. who are you kidding

Old 11-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Banned
WHITE997ttRS is infamous around these partsWHITE997ttRS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by quickZohsix

An the mp4 cannot be compared for what prices did. That's like saying a 360 tanked in value and the Enzo will too. The McLaren flagship car will not drop in value at all ever IMO. People buying at msrp will all make money
Yea after it won Le mans and set the speed record. P1 will not do either one. If it has gremlins at the start like the 12C did, prices will tank

Old 11-13-2013, 10:26 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Diggz92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by WHITE997ttRS
P1 is a $500K car at best. It's the road legal GT3 race car. who are you kidding
True I wasn't trying to be serious on the price of it but it will still be a pretty rare car.

Quick Reply: Mclaren Confirms The P1 Is Sold Out