Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

Official: The McLaren P1 is here

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
WindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished road
It would be awesome to see a real battle between the P1 and LaFerrari (with "real" I mean two customer cars, no cars handed by the manufacturers... I do realise it's impossible), it would be epic. Especially if they are as close as Peloton suggests (great post BTW!).

Old 03-06-2013, 09:36 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute

Old 03-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Teamspeed Member
latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Great post Erik.

I do wonder what power either car will make on a dyno. P1 has the advantage of boost, which allows easier increase of power, whether advertised or not. The 12C gained ~25hp from an ECU update, so who knows what the P1's V8 limits could be. I can see it being underrated and appear to beat the LaFreakingterriblename with far less power. It's going to be interesting seeing them go head to head!

But alas, if only I had a dollar for every time I have dreamt of the P1, LaF and 918 without their hybrid systems, I could buy one.

I'd like to see a 727hp, 2,700lb P1. I guess MSO could oblige.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these partsAstonMartian777 is infamous around these parts
Wow

Originally Posted by the artist

Old 03-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Elion_Arro is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by The Artist
I am old enough to realize that you made a great post.

Which highlights the reality..

This time though ferrari has NOT said ( as you showed) that its 1255kg.

Meaning that they might get it right from the get go.

And it looks like it will end up weighing like the Enzo

Which is 1480kg in worst case ( according to you).. and the P1 is the same.

Which in turn probably makes all of them including the Huayra more or less the same weight as its 1350 dry.

PS
Rep for your post!
Let's hope. But really we won't be sure till a customer car is weighed...

Old 03-06-2013, 11:33 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by latterlon
But alas, if only I had a dollar for every time I have dreamt of the P1, LaF and 918 without their hybrid systems, I could buy one.

I'd like to see a 727hp, 2,700lb P1. I guess MSO could oblige.
I honestly believe that if McLaren were capable of providing you with a test drive of both versions you would come away with a strong preference for the hybrid car.

The other problem is that simply stripping out the hybrid components would leave you with significant turbo lag which that electric motor compensates for, so some heavy re-engineering would be needed with the engine to improve drivability and I don't think you'd come away from it with all of that 727 hp intact.

>8^)
ER

Old 03-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Teamspeed Member
FerrariWF is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow! Over 2 lateral G cornering, sub 7 minute ring time, and over 10 seconds faster than the Huayra around the Top Gear test track (Around a minute once driven by the stig?). LaFerrari is getting all the attention right now but P1 will dominate on the track.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Duff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FerrariWF
... but P1 will dominate on the track.
Amen.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:08 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really nice
I like it a lot..

Old 03-07-2013, 06:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Not as special as the F1 but still Love it

Quick Reply: Official: The McLaren P1 is here