Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 04:34 AM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by falb
Yes the 918 is pretty but.....it isn't very innovative. To me the P1 is a quantum leap in design, it isnt designed to look cool but to crush the field. It is this purposeful design that draws me in. The car is radical and each one will be bespoke to the owners. The buying experience will be like no other car on the planet. Have you seen all the MSO option for the 12C? Just imagine the lack of limits McLaren will go to with the P1. I am very excited to read and see more.

I keep comparing these pictures to the bug, egg, and zonda and love the P1 more and more. It really makes those other cars look two deminsional. Like they were designed on a drafting table.
Not very innovative? Haha u cray!

Old 09-20-2012, 04:35 AM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BecauseRacecar
This is a COLD design? I entitle everyone to their opinion but cold?! Surely you're mistaken about what that means...
No ur right it's not cold it's just disturbing . Thr base is cold and then they tried to hard so now its offensive.

But then again we only have 3 pics lets wait and see

Old 09-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Teamspeed Member
Mark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished road
I Love It!

Old 09-20-2012, 07:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
It needs a wing.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
The front view I like okay, the side a little less, the rear I hate. Looks like one of those stillborn supercar designs we always see coming out of odd places like Latvia or Madagascar. That shot is taken from very low though, so with the angle it might be misleading.

It's a bit odd, that some say it doesn't look like a McLaren. What does a McLaren look like? They've only built two road cars in their history. I don't think they were going to build an exact copy of the F1, with modern mechanicals. Although that might have sold like hotcakes.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:35 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTCole
It needs a wing.
It has one.

>8^)
ER

Old 09-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Teamspeed Member
pjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enoughpjt118ies will become famous soon enough
I think it looks cheap, immature and just generally awful.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:07 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Cool render from Kris:

Name:  194660_459970564025981_913116562_o.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  153.8 KB

Old 09-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^Epic!

Old 09-21-2012, 09:22 AM
Teamspeed Member
Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
After a couple days of looking at it I really like.

And I agree with earlier posts that it looks much better than any pagani.....partly because I think they're wheels are just hideous....oh yeah, and the goofy side mirrors.

Quick Reply: This is the New McLaren P1 Supercar