Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

McLaren P12 & MP4-12C Roadster New Info!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Better not be the same engine, if they know what's good for them!

Old 01-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Teamspeed Member
ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Better not be the same engine, if they know what's good for them!
Dont see the problem,if you look into what this engine can do its streets ahead of anything equivalent,its already been down tuned from 10500rpm to 8500rpm and thats with low boost turbos,so there is plenty left in it,plus the COG of the engine is lower than anything else ,so its ideally placed for the ultimate in performance for handling as well as power.It has to be remembered that Mclaren have to consider the emmisions as they dont have the advantage of a large group that they can off set their numbers.
Anyway all 500 will be sold already just like the new enzo

Old 01-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
Damn this car is going to be something special. I can't wait!

Old 01-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Teamspeed Member
Mark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished road
but the mp4-12c render is actually similar to the 12c, not talking about details, but the idea behind the shape and the overall design so i think we should be excited, because if the p12 looks anytthing like that render it would be crazy. by the way, forgot to mention that the 12c looks way better than these renders

Old 01-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
No 3 Seater... Boooo!

Old 01-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Teamspeed Member
Mark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished road
NOP,, but the have tried to make it 3 seater but it didn't work

Old 01-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Teamspeed Member
The p12 and the enzo successor are going to be CRAZY!!!! best rivals ever..

Old 01-18-2012, 11:24 PM
MPB
Teamspeed Rookie
MPB is an unknown quantity at this point
I worry that the p12 will end up looking 'trendy' and date quickly. The beauty of the F1 is that it's design is subtle, very elegant and timeless without any gimmicks on it. I must say, I'm not the biggest fan of some of Frank Stephenson's designs. I do really hope it's beautiful.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Kevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura about
I'm not holding my breath for this. My best bet is they butcher it like the MP4-12C. Take all the fun and pureness out of the F1 that made it so great. Funny how they couldn't get the 3-seater to work, didn't hear of any problems with the original, and guaranteed this is a larger car. For a F1 successor it is not going to rival any of the cars in the big league.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
I find all of the pictures and most statements in this story hard to believe. I certainly don't have the facts, but that P12 render is awful.

As for the P11 spyder, the engine sits so low that there are a lot of options for hiding a top. If they can keep the roof line and window shape the same that will be a big improvement of the F car.

No new car will be able to directly compare to the F1 so obviously expectations are very high. It is probable that the P12 will use the same carbon tub and engine configuration but that doesn't mean it won't offer spectacular performance on a hyper car level. I would suggest a punched out V8TT with 1000hp and 10,000 rpm and active areo.. KERS can go out the window for all I care - sounds like extra weight and nothing is more efficient than fossil fuel at this point, but it is likely to have it.

Quick Reply: McLaren P12 & MP4-12C Roadster New Info!