Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

VIDEO - McLaren MP4-12C: Driven by Jeremy Clarkson

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
xlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zeus
The 991 GT2(RS) needs to return to it's "giant killer" status.
Totally agree with this. I want a true Widowmaker successor.

Returning to the thread topic, I'm in love. I went back and forth for awhile with the whole technological mishaps and everything but when it first came out the looks did it for me and this video brings back all the love.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hugo
IMO this car as a complete package is at the moment ahead of relevant "counter parties", cars are being delivered to buyers now and are experienced first hand by more people - that shows...by spring time will be highly appraised and sought after at premiums
From my experience the car drives like no other and after extensive use one get to realize that,it had a lot of anti reaction like the new Cayenne and Panamera at first - now generally gone and both are appraised as top of their segment,i think this is where it goes here ...
I have this feeling also. I think it will pull the segment forward as well. It's going to be interesting to see how everyone else reacts. I have one coming net year and I thought that I was going to be able to be patient but all of the buzz is getting me antsy.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
911TurboS2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Great video, but lots of early problems with customer's cars. Not the same as the "VW Porsche."

Old 11-20-2011, 10:12 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't say there have been lots of problems. In fact on another forum with several British 12C owners regularly posting even the ones who experienced the issues have stated clearly and unequivocally that it has not spoiled their impression of the car. There was one owner who chose to give up his car, but it is my understanding when he sold it to a specialty dealer in the UK it went for a premium so even he didn't really lose much on the deal.

I'm with Hugo - this car is a game changer. Not by a wide margin, but by enough that the other manufacturers will be taking notice.

>8^)
ER