Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

I drove the Mclaren MP4-12C Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 06:53 AM
Teamspeed Member
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
Great photos and write up, thanks for posting!

Old 10-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by allanlambo
Not sure yet.. Im torn between continuing to spend 300K on cars that will depreciate and being the first kid on the block to have them, or building a collection of cars that are like my Diablo SV, cars that are like money in the bank that I have also always loved. Just seems like i get bored of every new car very quickly.

I would go for the collection. Thats just my opinion, some other people would probably go for the new cars.

Anyway, the McLaren is going to stay an awesome car and you could keep it for the rest of your life..

Old 10-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hugo
Nice post,btw,prototype?
Yes, they are not the production versions.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds fantastic, agreed you do seem to flip interests pretty quick on the newer cars. I guess you just haven't found one that fits your fancy.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I drove that car in Philadelphia a couple of weeks ago. I was blown away. I haven't driven a 458 but I have driven other Ferraris, Porsche Turbos and Lambos. The Mclaren by far is the most amazing. It is the easiest car to drive fast that I have ever driven. I have taken the Vantage V12 on the same roads that I drove the Mc on and I simply can't keep the same speeds and feel safe.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jaymoney
I drove that car in Philadelphia a couple of weeks ago. I was blown away. I haven't driven a 458 but I have driven other Ferraris, Porsche Turbos and Lambos. The Mclaren by far is the most amazing. It is the easiest car to drive fast that I have ever driven. I have taken the Vantage V12 on the same roads that I drove the Mc on and I simply can't keep the same speeds and feel safe.
There is zero comparison between the Mp4 or any Porsche Turbo,Ferrari, Lambo etc and the v12 Vantage. I had the Vantage for abit and couldnt wait to bring it back. Horrible car inmo in all aspects except sound.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hugo
Nice post,btw,prototype?
Hugo when does yours arrive?

Old 10-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
great review

i also don't understand the car manufacturer's movement towards daily driveable exotics that feel somewhat compromised

i'm sure the martket is still doing less than 5k per year and those who are stretching it and DDing are the exception

Old 10-24-2011, 11:28 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ThisFlyGuy
nice to see real life regular photos of it.....i like the car more and more
I stared at this car in the flesh yesterday for a while chatting with the guys at Miller Motorcars (great guys btw) and let me tell you I do not care what the press says or doesn't say, I am in love with this car and can not wait to get some seat time. It's an understated super-car/exotic, exactly what I love.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Beefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond repute
Please tell me this guy didn't turn up to drice the McLaren in flip flops!

Quick Reply: I drove the Mclaren MP4-12C Prototype