Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

McLaren MP4-12C Picture thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 12:47 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
I really am falling in love with the car. Only thing that kills it for me in the dash. That and reviews like this...

Fifth Gear - McLaren MP4-12c vs Ferrari 458 Italia - YouTube

Old 01-05-2012, 12:55 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 670-SV
Nope, It's at Wearnes Automotive. It already has been delivered to a "special customer" - I suspect that it belongs to the owner of the Red Mc F1
Thanks for the correction. Perhaps the "special customer" is Peter Lim?

>8^)
ER

Old 01-05-2012, 12:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
I really am falling in love with the car. Only thing that kills it for me in the dash. That and reviews like this...
That review was pathetic, I mean seriously, they ran the car WAY off the road. They should review turbo nissans with locked rear diffs and rock hard suspension....not cars designed to go fast around a race track.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:00 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-05-2012, 01:10 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by falb
That review was pathetic, I mean seriously, they ran the car WAY off the road. They should review turbo nissans with locked rear diffs and rock hard suspension....not cars designed to go fast around a race track.
I've never gotten a clear story on the specifics but I was led to believe that 5th Gear owns some culpability for the way their test car handled after 'messing with things' in an effort to defeat the traction control.

>8^)
ER

Old 01-05-2012, 01:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Peloton25
I've never gotten a clear story on the specifics but I was led to believe that 5th Gear owns some culpability for the way their test car handled after 'messing with things' in an effort to defeat the traction control.

>8^)
ER
Clearly I am a bit defensive of the 12C....oppps

Old 01-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Peloton25
Thanks for the correction. Perhaps the "special customer" is Peter Lim?

>8^)
ER
Yes, you got that right. that pearlescent red belongs to his wife and he has got a pearlescent silver. Both of them got delivered yesterday afternoon.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JonA85

Fifth Gear - McLaren MP4-12c vs Ferrari 458 Italia - YouTube
When I saw this "review", I got the sense that there was very definitely an agenda from the beginning. I have a strange sense that 5th gear is trying to bunk anything Top Gear. I have seen other reviews that they seem to have gone out of their way to disagree with top gear. I don't really care about either set of "experts". Top Gear however has championed the McLaren. The other issue is how they went about the criticism. It is very hard to quantify "feel" and Gut-feeling" and "rawness." Those are all personal. Performance figures are not. IMO, as these cars are getting faster and more capable, there will no doubt be a certain sense of refinement the happens with advancements in technology. Frankly, if it's harder to loose the rear end around a turn in a 300K car with going 100MPH+, may be that's a good thing.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Member
ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ANDYC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by falb
Clearly I am a bit defensive of the 12C....oppps
Not at all!,They were promoting themselves and not the car,they clearly cocked up big style and have become a bit of a laughing stock among people in the know,the rest soon forget as its a two bit programme on a channel nobody watches,unfortunatly it went viral so more people saw it than expected.It was also punted around that they both had a grudge because Mclaren had never employed them as race drivers because they were second class.
The programme somewhat proves that in the way they make excuses for it not doing what they wanted it to!!!
Isnt that the point,i prefer to go round a track quick,not sideways,if i did id get a jap drift car!
Sorry for the rant,but those guys are complete w----rs

Old 01-05-2012, 11:18 AM
McLaren Fanatic
I think it is safe to say that Messrs Needel and Plato are going to have a difficult time getting their hands on a P12 to test when that one comes along.

>8^)
ER

Quick Reply: McLaren MP4-12C Picture thread