Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

McLaren MP4-12C Picture thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smy266
You would get a V12 Vantage over a Mclaren??? You crazy! (V12 Vantage is a bad ass car though)
That McLaren will not be like THE McLaren. Cars, for the most part, are commodity items. It's like buying jeans - some people like certain brands. For me, I'm a fan of Porsche, Audi, and Aston. They make cars that suit me. The McLaren will be an awesome ride, but the complication with limited dealers, parts, etc. is not worth it, especially at a price point that is more than I'd like to spend. Realistically, if I am going to buy a supercar, I'd like a Scuderia. The problem there is that it's only with paddle-shift and I've sworn never to buy another sports car without a manual transmission. Oh, the agony...

Old 07-07-2010, 11:20 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Well you can write off the McLaren on that point as well. "Flappy-paddles", to use the phrase made popular by old people like Leno and Clarkson, are the only choice offered on the McLaren. Granted it's a 7-speed Seamless Shift gearbox with pre-cog feature that allows actuation of upshifts or downshifts from either paddle and it shifts far faster than any means of mechanical input from the driver could ever hope for, but there's no clutch pedal or gear lever on the options list of the 12C.

>8^)
ER

Old 07-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I know about all the advantages of dual-clutch gearboxes (both of my current cars have them), but it's just.... boring. I will definitely envy you guys that do end up with the new McLaren. I think it's an awesome car, there are just too many alternatives.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:01 AM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone should throw there money at the things that give them the most pleasure. No harm there and the Aston is a respectable choice.

You might want to keep your name on the list with McLaren so you get the invites to see the car and perhaps give it a run around. I've read somewhere that in the UK they plan to offer test drives in January. Might be worth it to at least look into that sort of opportunity even if you don't have strong intentions of completing the purchase.

>8^)
ER

Old 07-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Teamspeed Member
Monaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura about
The rear looks a bit funky. Other than that, the car is awesome.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
That McLaren will not be like THE McLaren. Cars, for the most part, are commodity items. It's like buying jeans - some people like certain brands. For me, I'm a fan of Porsche, Audi, and Aston. They make cars that suit me. The McLaren will be an awesome ride, but the complication with limited dealers, parts, etc. is not worth it, especially at a price point that is more than I'd like to spend. Realistically, if I am going to buy a supercar, I'd like a Scuderia. The problem there is that it's only with paddle-shift and I've sworn never to buy another sports car without a manual transmission. Oh, the agony...
For each his own. But I agree with you every bit. The Scuderia is definitely in my top 3 favorite Ferraris also. I used to be one of those guys saying I was going to buy only manual transmissions, but I have a technically favored mind so DCT's etc interest me now. Astons are gorgeous cars, I won't deny that.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Watch this space.
Originally Posted by Peloton25
You might want to keep your name on the list with McLaren so you get the invites to see the car and perhaps give it a run around. I've read somewhere that in the UK they plan to offer test drives in January. Might be worth it to at least look into that sort of opportunity even if you don't have strong intentions of completing the purchase.
That is a VERY good idea. Thank you.

Originally Posted by smy266
For each his own. But I agree with you every bit. The Scuderia is definitely in my top 3 favorite Ferraris also. I used to be one of those guys saying I was going to buy only manual transmissions, but I have a technically favored mind so DCT's etc interest me now. Astons are gorgeous cars, I won't deny that.
I guess you missed the part where I said both of my current cars are dual-clutch. I'm a technically-minded guy too, but having now owned 4 different cars with dual-clutch transmissions, I can tell you that a manual transmission is MUCH more fun in everyday driving. Unless I were at the track every day and looking to squeeze every last second out of my laps, then I'll stick a manual. My daily right now is my C4S w/PDK. It's a great thing when I'm just commuting, but when I want to DRIVE, then it just doesn't hit the marks. For my GTI, DSG is a great thing, but then it's a commuter car.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Yes I did miss that you had dual-clutch transmissions. That's my bad.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Air brake

Jon Sibal renderings

Old 07-09-2010, 01:05 AM
McLaren Fanatic

>8^)
ER

Quick Reply: McLaren MP4-12C Picture thread