Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

McLaren MP4-12C Picture thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 02:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Hmmmm.... ya think Santa would go British or Italian !

German.

Old 12-25-2011, 02:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Arling please get some more of this!
in few months ok?!

Old 12-25-2011, 04:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
beside all the great pictures in this thread, i do want to point out some weakness on build quality of the MP4. i hope the factory would improve the quality control standard because the finish products that i've seen so far all have some imperfections. majority of them are paint quality issue. certainly less promising & against Ron Dennis' personality.

just a quick pic u can see what i mean. also for people planning to order the side carbon turning vanes, be aware that the finish where the paint meets the carbon isn't that great. there are also some noticeable over-spary on the front bumper especially on lighter color car. take note, McLaren.

Attached Images  

Last edited by 20C4S; 12-25-2011 at 04:47 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
close-up pic.

Attached Images  
Old 12-25-2011, 01:46 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute

Old 12-25-2011, 03:55 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 20C4S
close-up pic.
What are you trying to show with that picture as it doesn't match either of your descriptions?

If you are suggesting that's orange peel on the underside of the edge of the side vent I'd suggest that was done intentionally to give the paint more strength in that area to prevent rock chips.

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 12-25-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
That's the one I'd have to get right there. Incredible!!

Old 12-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Peloton25
What are you trying to show with that picture as it doesn't match either of your descriptions?

If you are suggesting that's orange peel on the underside of the edge of the side vent I'd suggest that was done intentionally to give the paint more strength in that area to prevent rock chips.

>8^)
ER
E,
i didn't take all the pics that i described. just saw them with naked eyes. i like to look at the areas people don't normally see. and i'm consider myself sick sometimes. i'm not trying to knock the brand/product. just point out where the improvements can be made.

i know what u mean by the purpose of that ''orange peel'' u described, but it's not the case in here. this simply just the area that somebody didn't do a good job spotting the problem & corrected it before it left the production line.

as much as u might know the car more than anyone else here, the underside of the doors are actually protected by some clear bra that applied at factory. the area that i pointed out should be smooth like the rest of the car, as other ones there too.

as far as the side carbon turning vanes. next time when u see the car closely, look for the area that how the piece is made as whole & how they managed to paint the piece. u'll see they actually paint the bottom part of the vanes to match the exterior color but the masking job is poor. in this case, in my opinion, they should just leave the piece alone to be 100% carbon look.

anyway, we should talk private. i know u're a McLaren fanatic. i didn't really care about the look of the MP4 until i drove it. it's a totally new experience for me. can't wait to get mine. in the mean time i think i'll have lots homework to do & hopefully i can learn some things from u too.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:05 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
While I am a bit of a fanatic when it comes to McLarens I know and will freely admit they are not infallible. Wasn't accusing you of anything untoward when I questioned your contribution - just wasn't sure the area you were singling out was really an issue. Sorry if it came across that way.

I will give that a closer look if I happen to see this white car before the keys land in the customer's hands.

as far as the side carbon turning vanes. next time when u see the car closely, look for the area that how the piece is made as whole & how they managed to paint the piece. u'll see they actually paint the bottom part of the vanes to match the exterior color but the masking job is poor. in this case, in my opinion, they should just leave the piece alone to be 100% carbon look.
I had noticed that on their Volcano Orange demonstrator. It did seem odd that they'd bother to try painting that section. You are right - it should just be left carbon from top to bottom.

>8^)
ER

Old 12-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
close-up pic.
Arling, there are a lot of manufacturers that use a rough textured, sometimes rubberized material underneath the paint in areas where the paint may see abuse. The McLaren F1s had a similar coating on the bottoms of the doors as well, iirc.

Quick Reply: McLaren MP4-12C Picture thread