Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

McLaren F1 and others... Private Exotic Track Day -14 Photos

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Teamspeed Member
notbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond repute
Talking McLaren F1 and others... Private Exotic Track Day -14 Photos

Small private exotic track day last Sunday in mid-Louisiana. The F1 just made a cameo appearance in the parking lot about an hour in, and the owner very generously parked the car away from gathering crowds for me for eight minutes. The location and time frame were far from ideal, but I made due, I think.

Anyway, I was there to shoot the track event, so after making sure I had at least 4-5 solid F1 photos to work with, I turned my attention back to the track.

This is a condensed set; the full 22 photos can be seen on my site.

Hope you dig 'em.

-Webb

//1.

//2.

//3.

//4. (I don't care if he was just motioning him to pass- it looks like he's flipping him the bird- and I'm glad I was there to capture it.)

//5.

//6. (Same G I shot two months back, just without the wing)

//7.

//8.

//9.

//10.

//11.

//12.

//13. (Not really my thing- too simple, background leaves something to be desired- but I like it.)

//14.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome photos as always, Webb! Thanks for sharing man.

What's the scoop with the McLaren? I can't tell from the photos if it's actually light blue or if it just looks that way from the blue sky reflecting off of silver paint. If it is indeed blue, do you have any idea what the chassis number is? I've never seen a light blue one yet.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
F1 is still the grand daddy of supercars

great pics!

Old 11-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Love the pics of the F1, the washed out look makes it almost a painting.

Also the bike pass. "Get the hell over!" Typical of my old commute when someone was doing the speed limit in the left lane.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Teamspeed Member
notbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond reputenotbland has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Awesome photos as always, Webb! Thanks for sharing man.

What's the scoop with the McLaren? I can't tell from the photos if it's actually light blue or if it just looks that way from the blue sky reflecting off of silver paint. If it is indeed blue, do you have any idea what the chassis number is? I've never seen a light blue one yet.
It's a light baby blue, you're correct. But I'm not certain about the other details about this specific car.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by big_slacker
Love the pics of the F1, the washed out look makes it almost a painting.

Also the bike pass. "Get the hell over!" Typical of my old commute when someone was doing the speed limit in the left lane.
Oh no- the ZR1 was overtaking the bike in a BIG way at that moment. I'm pretty certain he was giving him the finger...

Old 11-21-2009, 01:17 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Keep on sharing with us your work of art, amazing! Rep

Old 11-21-2009, 01:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Going into a corner? You don't normally see cars passing bikes, although it depends on the rider/driver. That looks like a zx-14, I know he can accelerate on a straight.

Originally Posted by notbland
Oh no- the ZR1 was overtaking the bike in a BIG way at that moment. I'm pretty certain he was giving him the finger...

Old 11-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by big_slacker
Going into a corner? You don't normally see cars passing bikes, although it depends on the rider/driver. That looks like a zx-14, I know he can accelerate on a straight.
This was about 100 feet into the straightaway; I guess it was just the rider's choice.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice pics!

Quick Reply: McLaren F1 and others... Private Exotic Track Day -14 Photos