Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

Group Buy anyone? McLaren F1 GTR...

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Member
hurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond repute
It's not the CIA4 car at Cars International. That car, chassis #27R, is a longtail version and, despite the registration plate, isnt road legal. The one on the 5th Gear episode is #16R, a short-tail 1996 Mclaren F1 GTR converted to the road.

I went to the opening of the Cars International Kensington showroom at the end of Jan 07, and had a great look at the car, both inside and out. I also went back there for a photographic exhibition, again taking photos and chatted to the ower of the car, who also happens to co-own the Company.

Old 12-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Teamspeed Member
Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Gill You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by hurstg01
It's not the CIA4 car at Cars International. That car, chassis #27R, is a longtail version and, despite the registration plate, isnt road legal. The one on the 5th Gear episode is #16R, a short-tail 1996 Mclaren F1 GTR converted to the road.

I went to the opening of the Cars International Kensington showroom at the end of Jan 07, and had a great look at the car, both inside and out. I also went back there for a photographic exhibition, again taking photos and chatted to the ower of the car, who also happens to co-own the Company.
aha, my mistake I have it in my head that the guy who owned the 5th gear car was involved in the auto trade in some way and I'd heard that the car in CIK was owned by the same guy who owned the firm... I've got my wires crossed somewhere though. is car 27 with the numberplate M100... or something like that?

Old 12-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond repute
Wes,
That should be pocket change for you =)

Old 12-26-2008, 04:41 AM
Teamspeed Member
hurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond reputehurstg01 has a reputation beyond repute
The guy in the 5th Gear programme with the Mclaren F1 GTR #16R and Enzo (and he had a road going Porsche 962 Derek Bell Signature, v rare!), Chris Palmer, is in the building trade [perhaps that's why he is selling his cars?....]

As for the registration plate, that is on the GTR of Chris Palmers, M700BHP

and here is his Porsche in good company

Old 12-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rennsport-One
Wes,
That should be pocket change for you =)
Wes here...oh it is but I figured I'd give other people a chance to share the awesome-ness with me, it's just the kind of guy I am.